Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Rolling 8 hours table?

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
kapo
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Rolling 8 hours table?

Post by kapo »

Could someone be so helpful and twist the wire, how in a earth, or heaven I can get that table to work in my weather site. There is so much information in one table and that`s why I want it in my Ajax dashboard beginning page. But I don`t understand how that realtime.log should do. And many other things. That table I occured to get somehow to visible, but any numerical values was not from my weather stations last 8 hour value, althought it seems so to me. I should be very thankful, if someone is feeling like a hands on advice on how the table will be made to work correct. I know, it`s a piece of cake for most of You, but my skilss are simply not enough to get that table to work.... So I have to eat humble pea again and ask help from this forums wizards / encoders. Please....

Thanks in advance:

-kapo- the inept too old coder
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Rolling 8 hours table?

Post by BCJKiwi »

rolling 8 hour table?

Sorry don't know what this means.

Would you please provide more information, script name etc,

thanks
JennyLeez
Weather Station: La Crosse WS3083
Operating System: Windows XP, Win7 & Win 10

Post by JennyLeez »

kapo wrote:Could someone be so helpful and twist the wire, how in a earth, or heaven I can get that table to work in my weather site. There is so much information in one table and that`s why I want it in my Ajax dashboard beginning page. But I don`t understand how that realtime.log should do. And many other things. That table I occured to get somehow to visible, but any numerical values was not from my weather stations last 8 hour value, althought it seems so to me. I should be very thankful, if someone is feeling like a hands on advice on how the table will be made to work correct. I know, it`s a piece of cake for most of You, but my skilss are simply not enough to get that table to work.... So I have to eat humble pea again and ask help from this forums wizards / encoders. Please....
Hi Kapo,
I also looked at this and put it in the 'Too hard Basket' :)

@BCJKiwi
Like this:
http://weather.wilmslowastro.com/
Wairoa, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand Weather Station:
http://wairoa.net/weather/index.htm
Cumulus Topsites:
http://cumulussites.net/
BCJKiwi

Post by BCJKiwi »

@ Jenny
Still don't get it, the linked page does not have much on it - actually it looks quite strange - perhaps there is a site problem at the moment.

@ Kapo
Since you are running Saratoga scripts, have you looked at the way the CU-trends-inc.php works. Perhaps you could adapt that. Details of tags in the Wiki "Webtags available in Cumulus 1.9.3", under the Recent History section.
JennyLeez
Weather Station: La Crosse WS3083
Operating System: Windows XP, Win7 & Win 10

Post by JennyLeez »

BCJKiwi wrote:@ Jenny
Still don't get it, the linked page does not have much on it - actually it looks quite strange - perhaps there is a site problem at the moment.
Its all good here. Scroll down for the rolling 8 hour graph.
Cheers
Wairoa, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand Weather Station:
http://wairoa.net/weather/index.htm
Cumulus Topsites:
http://cumulussites.net/
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

It's only an extension of the rolling 2hr Near Realtime as here http://www.dmjsystems.co.uk/weather/index.php
David
BCJKiwi

Post by BCJKiwi »

Arrrgggghh,

IE10 strikes again! - can see it in Chrome but not on any of the above sites in IE10 compatibility mode or not!
kapo

Post by kapo »

Hello!
water01 wrote:It's only an extension of the rolling 2hr Near Realtime as here http://www.dmjsystems.co.uk/weather/index.php
Yes it`s just that table I ment... But it`s too difficult to me, so I need some advice that I could have in my index page...

Best I have got "out" from that table: 8 hours table :oops: :oops:
water01

Post by water01 »

BCJKiwi wrote:Arrrgggghh,

IE10 strikes again! - can see it in Chrome but not on any of the above sites in IE10 compatibility mode or not!
I am using IE10 on W7 and I can see all the graphs fine, must be something to do with your setup.
David
kapo

Post by kapo »

Now I`m here: http://www.kapo511.net/wxrealtimecumulus.php

Should someone teach me and say what next? my head is about to explode because this.....
water01

Post by water01 »

Next you have to decide where and how the realtime log file will be created. The zip file contains a simple Windows batch file that will create a log file of a specified length. If you have a Windows web server you could run it directly on there (this is how I do it), or run it on your Cumulus computer and get Cumulus to upload the log file periodically.

Wherever you run the batch file to create the realtime log, you will also need a copy the 'tail.exe' utility from the GNU utilities for Win32 zip file.

Alternatively Kevin at TNET Weather has created a PHP script to create such a log file. The batch file is simple and creates a limited length log file, the TNET scripts typically create much larger log files.

A third alternative is to use Cumulus Toolbox, which has the option to create a realtimelog.txt in your Cumulus folder, You can then use Toolbox to copy of FTP this file to your web server. Toolbox has has the option to 'prune' the logfile, with a granularity of 1 day.
It looks like there is no data. Have you followed Mark's instructions on setting up a DOS Batch job that creates and adds data to the realtime.log file, which should be upload every minute to you server to be processed by the php code to produce the data for the graph?
David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Your PHP is not returning any data for some reason...

{"rfall":[[0,0],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0]],"press":[[0,0],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0]],"wspeed":[[0,0],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0]],"temp":[[0,0],[0,0],[0,-0],[0,0],[0,0]]}
kapo

Post by kapo »

Yes that PHP dosen´t handle any data, because I don`t understand how those things to be done :oops: :P ... A little advice should be nice surprise...

with best regards
-kapo- from cold Finland....
kapo

Post by kapo »

Now I get that data on the table, but it dosen`t update without pressing "F5"... That data goes away about after a minute and I get it back with that "F5" What`s now wrong? And date seems to be Saturday 18. december, but no in what year??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: http://www.kapo511.net/wxrealtimecumulus.php

help still needed... :oops:

-kapo-
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

kapo, may I suggest that you take a good look at the source code for your 'wxrealtimecumulus.php' template - you can view the source code of a page/template from your browser using the 'Ctrl-U' key combination.

A template (or a page) cannot have more than one '<head>...</head>' tags, more than one '<body>...</body>' tags.

You are trying to include a 'fully formed' template into another 'fully formed' template - might I suggest that you take the time to read some of the articles on the W3Schools web site, possibly starting with the PHP Tutorial... ;)