Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

No data on 'Monthly Records' web page

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
bigharps
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 +
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

No data on 'Monthly Records' web page

Post by bigharps »

I just downloaded and upgraded to V1.9.3. Everything seems fine, except...
I've included a screen cap of my Monthly Records page below:

There are two things wrong with this page:
1) all the entries are from today (March 12, 2013 now about 1700 Sydney time as I start typing)
Clicking any month but March gives a page with no data entered:

2) the 'records began date' is incorrect, Records actually began on January 10, 2010
All monthly files are in the 'Data' folder, starting with Jan10log.txt up to Mar13log.txt
I seemed to recall some problem with the records began date previously, and found that last year I modified the recordT.htm file to not use the web tag, but to show "January 10, 2010".
The actual record.htm file http://www.kookaburranet.com/Weather/record.htm lists records from 2010, so the records 'know' when the entries actually did begin. (OKAY!! :oops: I found the StartDate entry in the cumulus.ini file!)

So...
One question remains - What have I done wrong to destroy the Monthly Records page?

Thanks in advance.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: No data on 'Monthly Records' web page

Post by steve »

You need to follow the instructions for initialising the monthly records given in the release announcement for 1.9.3.
Steve
bigharps

Post by bigharps »

OH! :roll: You mean this bit?
Month-by-month all time records, and web tags. These are things like 'highest ever January temperature' etc. These aren't initialised automatically, the simplest way to do this is:
1. Open the new monthly records editor (on the Edit) menu
2. Click the 'fetch dayfile data' button, select the tab for each month in turn and click the 'copy' button in the header row to copy the dayfile data
3. Click OK.

I must be getting older - I read that page right through, but it didn't register.
At the risk of digging myself deeper here, will these figures now update automatically, or do I go in after each month and update. IE on April 1, do I check & update March?
Thanks for your patience!
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Follow the instructions and go through each month one by one NOW and your Monthly Records page will be correct, and then from then on they will automatically update.
David
bigharps

Post by bigharps »

Thanks.
Already did the editing, and it's reading okay.
Just wondered about the updating.