Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Will Peetbrothers ever be supported

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
peterh
Weather Station: Alecto WS-5000 rebadged FO 3081
Operating System: Windows server 2008R2

Re: Will Peetbrothers ever be supported

Post by peterh »

Jorginho wrote:it is probably better not to argue
This is surprisingly often the case when someone offers software for free. :mrgreen:
It becomes even more so when you say you 'read some', but failed to follow the blatantly obvious 'Useful Links' which are at the top of each and every page on this forum. The Cumulus FAQ is the first of these useful links, and "1.3 Will you support a new weather station type?" is right there at the top. You don't have to read or even browse The Entire Internet to get there.

(Breathe, Peter. :D )
An opinion should be the result of a thought process, not a substitution.
http://www.dnl-core.net/CothenWeather/
Jorginho
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Will Peetbrothers ever be supported

Post by Jorginho »

I donated money in december when i started using Cumulus for my VP2. Not because I think Steve is now obliged to do anything for me, because of appreciation of course. I already explained why I did not read it. People are entitled to their opinion as I am to mine. Mine is that simply saying "yes", "no" or "may be" would be more usefull and not more trouble. Responses like "if you just took the effort to" to someone who took a lot of effort with a whole lot programs (and more) can result in that person(me) responding. Most of all if in the very same forum the maker of that software already did respond to that question in the past and came across as interested in doing so. In my view a perfectly normal question in a place that is meant for such questions.

Saying it is so obvious simply shows that you cannot understand me or do not believe me. Whatever it is, that is oke.