Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Extend easyweather.dat with more two fields for Solar and UV

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Werk_AG
Weather Station: WeatherDuino 4Pro
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Extend easyweather.dat with more two fields for Solar an

Post by Werk_AG »

steve wrote:It needs to be flexible; I'm thinking that the user should tell Cumulus what format their data is in (by some yet to be decided mechanism), rather than the other way around. Then it works for just about any format produced by other software without the user having to manipulate the data.
Hi Steve

Are you thinking in something like was been done in WSDL?
Creating a serie of generic messages like this:

Examples (optional checksums ommitted)
All examples use channel 1, random code F7 and good battery (status=0)
======================================
GEN:t1F70-02836 = Temperature -28.36C

GEN:T1F70+034100240 = Temperature +34.1C, humidity 24.0%

GEN:h1F700980 = Humidity 98.0%

GEN:W1F70021112118090 = Avg wind 2.1m/s at 112deg, gust 11.8m/s at 090 degrees (east).

GEN:R1F70021370098832005544000103 = rain rate 21.37mm/hr, total 988.32mm, 55.44mm today, 1.03mm this hour

GEN:U1F700830 = UV index 8.3

==============================

WSDL can read this directly from Arduino, don't need to use the RS232 Data Logger.

Still think that extend the fields of the easywether.dat file will be o lot more easy. Cumulos is already able to process all important data via easywether.dat, only lacks Solar Rad and UV data

People who may be interested in this type of injecting data into Cumulos, are users of systems with Arduino or the like, and easily format the output in their systems as needed.
This last weekend I adapted my Arduino code to output received data in easyweather.dat (Cumulos) or WSDL format (stil with a problem with rain data) . Now I can output to one or the other.

Regards
The freedom to choose the weather instruments you want
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I'm thinking of something like the easyweather.dat file, but where the order of the fields, and the separator between them, is configurable.
Steve
Werk_AG
Weather Station: WeatherDuino 4Pro
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Werk_AG »

I understood. Thus, each data should be preceded by an identifier that allows Cumulos to identify the type of data ... temperature, humidity, rain, etc, etc ...

Something like:

IH - Indoor Humidity, IT - Indoor Temperature

IHxxxx,ITxxxx,OHxxxx,OTxxxx,DPxxxx,WCxxxx, ... and so on for the other data fields ?

This can be very flexible. It's like the solution used in WSDL, except all the data will be written sequentially in one single line.
Identifiers can be more complex, to identify sensors of the same type (ex: Out. Temp. 1, Out. Temp. 2).
Define the identifiers, lenght of the fields an units, requires some thinking about...

Thanks for taking attention to this matter. There are several forum posts that suggest that this matter may be of interest to Cumulus
The freedom to choose the weather instruments you want