Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Calibration settings thru internet

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
ws2080jo
Weather Station: WS-2080
Operating System: win7

Calibration settings thru internet

Post by ws2080jo »

I've limitted access to the PC where i'm hosting a WS-2080 station that i publish data thru FTP to private site, I wondering if there is a way i can review my calibration to tempareture,wind,rain..etc without logging remotely to the machine

Thanks
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Calibration settings thru internet

Post by steve »

You would need to use Remote Desktop across the internet, or something like LogMeIn.
Steve
ws2080jo

Post by ws2080jo »

so no other ways like reading the calibration from a file such as the realtime.txt , so thanks for suggestions

Regards
Charlie
Weather Station: 1wire-Cumulus & Fine Offset
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Charlie »

I have not actually tried this, but since that information is located in cumulus.ini , you could inspect that file. If you include it in the FTP list, you could even pull it off your website. The file is only accessed when Cumulus boots or you make changes, so I don't *think* sending it would cause any issues. Of course, it also contains things like your FTP password, so I would not recommend doing this to a public site; however you said you were using a private one.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

But... The file will only contain what you have set the calibration values to, it won't change, so why the need to read it remotely?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I started typing a similar reply to the above, but then it occurred to me that you need access to the machine to be able to set up the ftp of the cumulus.ini file, and if you had access to the machine, you could see what the settings are directly. I'm not sure I really understand the point of this question anyway - if you set the calibration settings in the first place, why don't you know what they are?
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

mcrossley wrote:But... The file will only contain what you have set the calibration values to, it won't change, so why the need to read it remotely?
Exactly.
Steve
Karv
Weather Station: WH-1080
Operating System: Windows XP / 7, Ubuntu, Centos

Post by Karv »

of course if a future version had some boxes in the FTP list for GET instead of PUT, you would have the ability to send settings remotely :)
William Grimsley
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Post by William Grimsley »

steve wrote:You would need to use Remote Desktop across the internet, or something like LogMeIn.
Yes, use LogMeIn, that's a great remote desktop app, especially for another PC that you can access or an iPhone/iPad! :D
ws2080jo

Post by ws2080jo »

Thanks all for their replies

The idea was we setup many stations in different areas for educational purposes (some of it connected to persons's perosnal computers) so they do not allow us to remote access and we already added the same calibration settings for all stations, but we suspect that settings for certain stations that we do not have remote access on them the host changed that setting for some reason so our need to just to review the settings not changing it remotely and thanks again
Sunrise Pilot
Weather Station: La Crosse WS-2308
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by Sunrise Pilot »

I use TightVNC to access my weather server from anywhere I can get internet access.

Cheers
Doug
Let slip the bonds of Mother Earth and drift o'er the land as a bubble wafting on a gentle breeze.
Suffolk Fishing weather
Cheers
Doug