Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

V.1.7.9 & multiple data tags

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

V.1.7.9 & multiple data tags

Post by gwheelo »

Is it possible to update to V.1.7.9 without resetting accumulated data. Perhaps it is just a case of substituting the .exe? It sounds as if you have fixed just what I was about to mention. I have found that the slightest anomaly requires a restart. Am I correct to suggest that two occurrences of the same data tag within a template sets off an error flag or should this be possible?

GW
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: V.1.7.9 & multiple data tags

Post by steve »

You should just be able to run the latest setup file (with Cumulus stopped) and it will overwrite the old version while leaving your data and settings intact. Note that it will also overwrite the supplied web templates, so if you've made any modifications you will lose them. You should really take a backup of your data, of course.

Steve
Steve