Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New setup

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

New setup

Post by PaulMy »

Just downloaded Cumulus and was very quick and easy. Looks good too :lol: . A couple of issues:

1. :? :!: Can I run Cumulus and Weatherlink at the same time? When running Cumulus and Weatherlink and try downloading from station or open Bulletin I get message that com port is used by another program.

2. :oops: Log editing does not work. Clicking on date but nothing happens (had entered info in log a few minutes ago).

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
TNETWeather

Re: New setup

Post by TNETWeather »

PaulMy wrote:Just downloaded Cumulus and was very quick and easy. Looks good too :lol: . A couple of issues:

1. :? :!: Can I run Cumulus and Weatherlink at the same time? When running Cumulus and Weatherlink and try downloading from station or open Bulletin I get message that com port is used by another program.
The best way of doing this is to run VirtualVP. VirtualVP acts as a go between the Davis Weather Station and what can be several other Weather Software packages.

Once you have it setup, VirtualVP will talk to your Davis station, and the software packages that you want to share the data with, talk to virtual ports that VirtualVP provides.

It acts like a go between data logger.

I've been using it now for years.

I use it to allow for WD, Cumulus, VPLive, occasionally WeatherLink and a special Perl package that I have worked on.

VirtualVP is a product of SoftWX - http://softwx.com/weather/virtualvp.html
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

PaulMy wrote:2. :oops: Log editing does not work. Clicking on date but nothing happens (had entered info in log a few minutes ago).
When you entered the info, did you click on 'update' before closing or moving to a different date?

Steve
Steve
Jerry
Weather Station: Davis VP2

Post by Jerry »

Kevin, In your reply to Paulmy, you mentioned that virtual vp would allow him to run WeaterLink and Cumulus at the same time.

I have virtual vp and I am unable to get it to work with Cumulus. I cannot get Cumulus to accept any com port number. I also have weatherlink and it works ok with it as weatherlink recognizes com port 16.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jerry
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Windows 7 and Linux

Post by broadstairs »

I'm using VirtualVP with Cumulus and Weather Display, WD uses port 6 and Cumulus port 7 - I'm using the N8VBvCom driver to create the virtual com port pairs needed for VVP to work on the same PC. If you are using this driver then normally Cumulus connects to the lower numbered port and VVP to the high one, so com port 6 to Cumulus and 16 to VVP etc....

On another PC in the lan I use Lantronix Redirector V3 (an old version) to connect a virtual com port (in this case 4) to VirtualVP by TCPIP and Cumulus on this PC (a testing install) works fine using port 4.

Stuart
Jerry
Weather Station: Davis VP2

Post by Jerry »

I'm using the N8VBvCom driver also and I get the "Error -32703 while " trying to initialize the station" no matter what comport I set Cumulus at.

Virtual Vp is using Com Port 5.

I used to run weatherlink and weather display together with no problem, but I do not use weather display any more.

Jerry
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Windows 7 and Linux

Post by broadstairs »

Well I have the VcomConfigurator set to pair 6 with 16, 7 with 17, 8 with 18 and 9 with 19 and have them all enabled. Then I set VVP to use 16, 17, 18 & 19 (I actually only have 16 & 17 enabled in VVP) and then give port 6 to WD and port 7 to Cumulus and it all works fine. As I understand it that is the usual way to configure it as recommended by the VVP author.

Exactly how do you have N8VBvCom and VVP configured?

Stuart
TNETWeather

Post by TNETWeather »

Below is how my VirtualVP is configured.

The actual port you point at is a single digit of the configured port.

So I use port 6, 7, 8 and 9 for the various applications instead of the virtual ports of 16, 17, 18 and 19.

I have cumulus protected from the data logger because I don't want cumulus changing the configuration of the davis system. WD is setup to control that already.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

PaulMy wrote:
2. Log editing does not work. Clicking on date but nothing happens (had entered info in log a few minutes ago).

When you entered the info, did you click on 'update' before closing or moving to a different date?

Steve

Played with it again, and got today's log to take and able to bring up for edit. Maybe my writing was slower than my thinking in my exitement that Cumulus was installed and running so easily. Thanks for responses.
:D Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

PaulMy wrote:Played with it again, and got today's log to take and able to bring up for edit. Maybe my writing was slower than my thinking in my exitement that Cumulus was installed and running so easily. Thanks for responses.
:D Paul
You can ignore my PM then :D

Steve
Steve