Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Call for small enhancements for final build of 1.9.3

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Call for small enhancements for final build of 1.9.3

Post by steve »

I think it's time that 1.9.3 became the 'release' version. Before I do that, I'm going to do one last build, with some small enhancements. I've just added a couple of things that have been raised recently; a tag for yesterday's date, and an option to turn off notifications of new all-time records. If there are any more similarly small, simple, low-risk enhancements that I can do, now is the time to mention them. These can either be existing items in the 'enhancement requests' area, anything that I have said in the forum that I would do, but there is no enhancement request, or even something that hasn't been mentioned anywhere previously.

But, to reiterate, these must be very small simple changes.
Steve
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Call for small enhancements for final build of 1.9.3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi Steve,

Are ANY software mods (to software as complex as your excellent Cumulus) "low risk"? ;)

Something I suggested a few months ago was to add the total "Dry Days" to the: View : This Month/Year/Period : Rainfall tables (maybe just one as a trial if they don't share a specific template/code). Obviously not really necessary for a complete month/year, but it would avoid some mental gymnastics for the current month/year/period or any "incomplete" period (e.g. the first month/year of logs, or if there has been any station "down time").

Cheers and Thanks, Alan.
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

Is there a list of all the tags implemented in the latest (final?) build - last list I have seen is for 1045.

Thanks
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

(deleted)
Last edited by sfws on Mon 03 Aug 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I think that <#metdate> is the ony tag that I forgot to mention in the 1.9.3 announcement thread.
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

BCJKiwi wrote:Is there a list of all the tags implemented in the latest (final?) build - last list I have seen is for 1045.
The new beta web tags are in the wiki - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/BETA_webtags
captzero
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 w/ daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by captzero »

Hi Steve
Would adding a 30 day graph for Daily Wind Run (similar to existing rain graph) be considered a small enhancement?

Cheers
Dan

http://www.brisbaneliveweather.com

A man with a thermometer always knows the temperature. A man with two thermometers, not so sure.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

captzero wrote:Would adding a 30 day graph for Daily Wind Run (similar to existing rain graph) be considered a small enhancement?
No, sorry; I'm talking about changes of a few lines of code, not a week's work.
Steve
Charlie
Weather Station: 1wire-Cumulus & Fine Offset
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Charlie »

It would be useful to be able to disable throwing out a complete set of readings from a station, based on a single bogus value. There may be occasions where a F.O. for example has a single sensor go south making it impossible to collect readings for the other sensors until a replacement is received. My one-wire station also has a hard time tracking which sensor might be broken, because Cumulus is it's only display. Just a thought...
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

AllyCat wrote:Are ANY software mods (to software as complex as your excellent Cumulus) "low risk"?
Nothing is zero risk but yes, some things are low risk, such as your suggestion. Any completely new facility, or anything which changes the way Cumulus works is definitely not low risk.
Something I suggested a few months ago was to add the total "Dry Days" to the: View : This Month/Year/Period : Rainfall tables (maybe just one as a trial if they don't share a specific template/code). Obviously not really necessary for a complete month/year, but it would avoid some mental gymnastics for the current month/year/period or any "incomplete" period (e.g. the first month/year of logs, or if there has been any station "down time").
This wouldn't be hard at all, I may well add it.
Steve
nking
Weather Station: W-8681

Post by nking »

Hi Steve,

I don't think lowest monthly rainfall is a quickie - https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8397 but I thought I may as well mention it....

I trust you're back to full health as I note you're not taking it easy. I didn't notice any drop in service either so, in the words of "Life Of Brian" you're a very naughty boy.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

nking wrote:I don't think lowest monthly rainfall is a quickie - https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8397 but I thought I may as well mention it....
Rather more than I had in mind, yes.
I trust you're back to full health as I note you're not taking it easy.
Not 100% yet but feeling much better, thanks. I was at the hospital again on Monday for the biopsy results, and they were OK, so it's just a case of "keep taking the tablets".
Steve
nking
Weather Station: W-8681

Post by nking »

steve wrote:Not 100% yet but feeling much better, thanks. I was at the hospital again on Monday for the biopsy results, and they were OK, so it's just a case of "keep taking the tablets".
That's sounds great news! For me I also decided to make more time for the fun things. I now have two motor bikes, the Bonnie and a BMW sports tourer - If it's dry then I try to get out as much as I can..... without the wife knowing of course ;) I hope you're back to 100% soon, all the best
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

Did you ever get around to the 'extra timers' that were requested?

Have been looking at the Astronomy page in the Saratoge PHP templates.
It relies on UTC date/time values for the moonphases and UTC date/time values for the equinox/soltices.

The sun data is not too difficult to fudge as an array can be hard coded as these values are the same everywhere.

However the moon data is not so simple. Is there any other data that could be sourced as a tag from either a Davis console or by calculation from some start point that would enable one to sort this out. i.e. the nextnewmoon would almost be enough to work it out from.
Else it will be a very big array!

Did you make any changes to the B/L file to assist with loading solar data from external an source?
Am working on the module now aand would like to provide w/m2, sunshine hours, issunny, and UV data. If Cumulus does not handle these I guess I can create a realtimeX.txt file and load that to the website.

Would you please advise the sequencing of the live data on the PC screen, the creation of realtime and the sending of realtime.

Thanks
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

As 1.9.3 is apparently still open, would it be considered small to have the current weather status being sent along in realtime.txt?
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3