Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Very Nice Cumulus Site

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
garytx
Weather Station: Davis VantagePro 2 Plus w/FARS
Operating System: Windows 7

Very Nice Cumulus Site

Post by garytx »

I stumbled upon this site: http://weather.ejmj.net/index.php from Reklaw in East Texas today. I'm traveling to that area tomorrow on business, looked up the forecast at Weather Underground, and went to look at the closest personal weather station. This site is completely customized, incorporates the real time wind gauges, and uses Ajax for near real time data updates. These suggest that the site owner frequent the forum (if so, "Hi," and my extreme compliments on your site development!), though isn't listed on the user map. Well worth a look in my humble opinion.
codemonkey
Weather Station: TYCON POWER Model #TP1080WC

Re: Very Nice Cumulus Site

Post by codemonkey »

Wow that is nice!
What if the hokie pokie really IS what it is all about?!

http://www.tonys-house.com/weather
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I believe the owner is called Ed, on here as 'astroed'.

Steve
garytx
Weather Station: Davis VantagePro 2 Plus w/FARS
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by garytx »

Right you are, Steve, as I've learned in corresponding with him. I've also learned that he also uses two other weather software packages along with Cumulus, courtesy of the outstanding Virtual VP program that allows up to four software packages to run with a single Vantage Pro. Been using it myself for several years to run Cumulus, WxSolution, WeatherLink and VWS simultaneously.
TerryMulhern
Weather Station: WS2300
Operating System: Windows 8

Post by TerryMulhern »

Right you are, Steve, as I've learned in corresponding with him. I've also learned that he also uses two other weather software packages along with Cumulus, courtesy of the outstanding Virtual VP program that allows up to four software packages to run with a single Vantage Pro. Been using it myself for several years to run Cumulus, WxSolution, WeatherLink and VWS simultaneously.
Just came across SoftWx on some forums. Any experience with it? Also: any feedback for VPLive?
Thanks. And sorry for bumping.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Just came across SoftWx on some forums. Any experience with it? Also: any feedback for VPLive?
Thanks. And sorry for bumping.
Might be better to post on viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16726&p=128498&hil ... wx#p128498

I again tried using VVP last summer which worked but was still quite unreliable with Weatherlink and also some CumulusMX isues. However there has been quite a bit of changes in CumulusMX in the past months to be more stable but I have not tried it with the current CumulusMX version as using that with a separate WiFiLogger.

Give it a try, not much to lose as it is now N/C.

I have read some good comments about VPLive in the past but have no personal experience.

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
Weerhaas
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: Windows Pro 10 64b

Post by Weerhaas »

I am using VVP for several years now. Running Cumulus, CumulusMX , Weatherlink and WsWin.
Now it is running with Windows 10 1809 32 bits. 64 bits didn't work.
Using Acer Aspire 705 desktop i5.

www.weerhaas.nl
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Post by saratogaWX »

I'm still running VVP (since 2008) and use it with my Davis VP1-Cabled system (from 2004).

One caveat -- VVP does NOT work with Davis Green-dot loggers, only with the older loggers as it has no support for the LOOP2 packets, and the developer of VVP has ceased updates/development of the product. If you have an old VP system (non-Green-Dot), it works fine.
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

I'm another running VVP on a Win XP netbook that has been running more or less continuously for over 10 years now. It runs Cumulus 1, WeatherLink and VPLive for keeping the time accurate.

I dread to think what I will do when the Samsung NC10 stops working. It's rarely powered down which I think helps. When did you last see a light bulb blow when it was already on? They only go when turned on! :D
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.