Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Bad temperature reading

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
cats_five
Weather Station: WH1081PC
Operating System: Win 7 x64 Pro

Bad temperature reading

Post by cats_five »

I got a bad temperature reading, looks like the wrong sign. This was yesterday:

This is the WH1081 station. Is this simply a glitch that happens very occasionally, something wrong with the station, a Cumulus problem?

And what is the easiest way of correcting all the files it has affected? Is there a way where I can simply correct yesterdays file and get Cumulus to recalulate the highs and lows it has wrong? I know I can edit files either directly or via the Cumulus Edit, but that could be quite tedious...
Pegase 101a
Pentax K7
Weather Station: Not currently available
Photography: http://www.fifescapes.co.uk
Cats: http://shunracats.wordpress.com
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Bad temperature reading

Post by steve »

cats_five wrote:Is this simply a glitch that happens very occasionally, something wrong with the station, a Cumulus problem?
Bad readings are a known issue with FO stations, the FO section of the forum has lots of posts about this. Use the 'spike removal' settings on the calibration screen in Cumulus.
Is there a way where I can simply correct yesterdays file and get Cumulus to recalulate the highs and lows it has wrong?
Correct the entry in the October log. Use the dayfle.txt editor to correct the low value for yesterday (manually, or (less good) by deleting the entry then do a 'create missing'). Use the records editor(s) to extract the highs and lows from the data logs. See the help.

Or manually revert your highs and lows by copying the .ini files from the latest backup set created by Cumulus prior to the problem.
Steve