Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Manual Entry

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
apenwith
Weather Station: w8681 BlakeLarsen Sun Recorder
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1

Manual Entry

Post by apenwith »

Hi Steve

Would there be any way of allowing a manual entry of daily rain (obviously from a manual gauge) - it would be a handy way of monitoring the various buckets etc. and setting up accurate correction factors.

Regards
Alan
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Manual Entry

Post by steve »

The daily rain total is in dayfile.txt, so you could edit that? To get the monthly/annual totals correct you would have to restart Cumulus after editing.
Steve
apenwith

Post by apenwith »

Hi Steve
I was thinking more of havng the manual entry as a separate item through Cumulus so the original sensor values could be compared.
But as an interim measure if it was added to the end of the dayfile would Cumulus ignore the extra entry.
Regards
Alan
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

apenwith wrote:But as an interim measure if it was added to the end of the dayfile would Cumulus ignore the extra entry.
I think so. But if/when I add more items to dayfile.txt...

Handling manual readings isn't really what Cumulus is about; I would have thought that it would make more sense to extract the Cumulus data and merge it with the manual readings in some external format.
Steve
apenwith

Post by apenwith »

Thanks Steve

On reflection I think you're right - at the moment I'm running three different buckets, two RG11's and a manual gauge so it makes sense to look at them outside Cumulus.

Regards
Alan