Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Display Issue

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
ocala
Weather Station: VP2

Display Issue

Post by ocala »

Is there a reason why the main screen is cutoff on the right where the wind gauges are? I tried increasing the screen resolution but it's still the same. The bottom is also cut off.
I know there must be an easy fix but I can't find it.
Thanks
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Display Issue

Post by steve »

I've not seen that before, and I run Cumulus on a smallish display. It does have a slightly unusual method of resizing the window (which I still haven't decided whether I like or not), so maybe this is causing problems. What resolutions are you trying? Could you send me some screenshots?

Steve
Steve
ocala
Weather Station: VP2

Post by ocala »

I read on another forum that if you close Cumulus then change the screen resolution then start the program this will fix it. It worked, for about 5 seconds. Everything was enclosed in the window but I got some kind of error. I just clicked continue and the program froze.
Now it won't do anything. Clicking any buttons at the top won't do anything and their is also no data.
I wish i could tell you what the error was but as I said nothing works.
Will try uninstalling and re installing.

Re installing did nothing. Whatever happened when I changed the screen resolution is still occurring.
I started at 800x600 then switched to 1024x768. The 1024x768 is when the error happened.
That's all the info I can give you.
Dave.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I suspect it's something to do with the fancy screen resizing. I could perhaps do you a build without that in, to see if it is the problem. The default size is 1000x700, so that's probably the cause of your problems at 800x600. I don't know why it doesn't work for you at 1024x768, that's the resolution I run my server at.

Does anyone think the resizing thing is useful? I know it crashes if you resize the window very very small. Perhaps I should fix the window to fit a 1024x768 screen and declare that the minimum required resolution?

Steve
Steve