Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus Weather Forecast

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
wd40
Weather Station: WS2080
Operating System: W7

Cumulus Weather Forecast

Post by wd40 »

Late yesterday, Cumulus started forecasting stormy weather. Radar showed nothing. Wunderground said 20% chance. A wrote it off as just one of those things. A couple of hours later and the radar lights up with orange reds and even purples. Heavy winds followed with hit and miss thunderstorms.

The forecast is not always right but it can give you a warning that could prove very helpful.
Gordon-Loomberah
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Solar and UV
Operating System: Windows 10 home

Re: Cumulus Weather Forecast

Post by Gordon-Loomberah »

I have removed it from my "now" index page, as it is quite frequently a long way out from reality.
For example today Cumulus says: Increasing clouds and warmer, Precipitation possible within 12-24hours Windy

Today has been the calmest for a while, and the mostly overcast weather of the past few days is finally clearing up this afternoon, and looking like being clear tomorrow after a frosty morning. I reckon it might be a degree or 2 warmer than today's 11, tomorrow afternoon, so I guess it might be right on that point.
Loomberah Weather: http://gunagulla.com
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Gordon-Loomberah wrote:I have removed it from my "now" index page, as it is quite frequently a long way out from reality.
For example today Cumulus says: Increasing clouds and warmer, Precipitation possible within 12-24hours Windy
That's not the Cumulus/Zambretti forecast, that's from the station.
Steve
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

I just love it when that happens :P (To a Davis as well :lol: )
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
Gordon-Loomberah
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Solar and UV
Operating System: Windows 10 home

Post by Gordon-Loomberah »

Ahh yes, you are correct Steve, sorry about that :oops:

The Cumulus forecast is "Fine Weather", which if the Australian BOM forecasts of "Mainly fine" are to be believed, means just about anything except snow or hail!
Loomberah Weather: http://gunagulla.com