Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Wx sites not being updated

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
shamrockspider
Weather Station: WS1081
Operating System: Windows 10

Wx sites not being updated

Post by shamrockspider »

Have been having trouble with uploading of data to my website and APRS, WPS & Wx Underground.
Files going to my website are showing up as zero file size.
The files are being created and if I manually upload with my FTP applicaiton they get there OK.
I have found that sometimes I can get normal operation for a while after a power down restart of my PC but after a while something happens and the updates stop. Have been unable to pin down what application or what ever is causing uploads to stop.
Have tried reverting to an earlier version of Cumulus but this has made no difference.
Cumulus console display not reporting any errors, FTP logging showing Err 425
Any ideas as to what the problem might be?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by steve on Sat 07 Apr 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: File with passwords removed!
Regards Kevin (Shamrockspider)
http://www.shamrockspider.com/wx/

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Wx sites not being updated

Post by steve »

You're using active FTP mode, and a firewall is preventing inward connections from the ftp server. Try using passive mode.
Steve
shamrockspider
Weather Station: WS1081
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by shamrockspider »

Thanks Steve, that seems to have fixed website update but APRS, WPS & Wx Underground still not being updated.
Had not made any changes to firewall settings etc that I know of. About the only thing that I can think of is that there was an ad-aware update come through about the time it appears to have started., but have tried operating with that not running and that made no difference.
Regards Kevin (Shamrockspider)
http://www.shamrockspider.com/wx/

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

If you turn on the debug log, any error messages and responses for the http updates (i.e. WU etc) will get logged to the debug.log file.
Steve