Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Solar Flares

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
wd40
Weather Station: WS2080
Operating System: W7

Solar Flares

Post by wd40 »

Yesterday the electric power briefly went off here at the house. I got the computer backup and Cumulus back up and running and it was fine then I started getting the lost sensor contact error that lasted long enough to just about to fill the error log window.
Like all Fine Offsets I get an error or two every couple of weeks but never a long list.

Could the recent solar flare activity be the blame or it was just a coincidence?
tecno
Weather Station: W1081
Operating System: XP

Re: Solar Flares

Post by tecno »

Could the recent solar flare activity be the blame
Yes

Sensor contact error = change USB cable as it can be bad/faulty
Cheers
Bengt
serowe
Weather Station: WM918
Operating System: Win Server 2008 R2

Re: Solar Flares

Post by serowe »

wd40 wrote:Could the recent solar flare activity be the blame or it was just a coincidence?
http://spaceweather.com/

3rd article down (as of Thurs Jan 26) - basically by the time the storm passed over the US it had petered out to 'normal' levels - northern Europe copped the brunt of it.
Punctuation is the difference between 'Let's eat, grandma' and 'Let's eat grandma'