Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

False data reading- how to erase it!

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Johnny basement
Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: Win10

False data reading- how to erase it!

Post by Johnny basement »

Hi
For some reason on 11 Jan at 0500 my outside temp and humidity sensor gave very low readings. It was a one off but has messed up my data. By some crude editing of files in the data folder I managed to fix most of the errors but on my web site at-

http://www.welwynweather.webspace.virginmedia.com/

If you look at this years page you will see all the low temp readings and humidity are very low. I seem to of fixed it for 'this month' and 'Records' but not this year.

Assistance appreciated!
MickinMoulden
Weather Station: WS-1081 with rain gauge mod
Operating System: Windows 7 & 1.9.3 b1059

Re: False data reading- how to erase it!

Post by MickinMoulden »

Just go into Edit/This year. It will take info from the log and day files. I know you've probably done this already. But this is what I do. First check your select a graph to see if anything is unusaul (yes), look at what you think the max/mins should be. Be aware that the low temp will effect the Apparent temp, wind chill etc. Write down the time of the error to edit and what you think should be the lows should be. Print/copy the help file in Cumulus regarding the log file formats (you'll need to know what all the numbers mean). Close Cumulus. Open log file. Find day, time and then the bad data and adjust (usually the same as what is above/below), make sure you adjust all that are effected (AP, HI etc.). Save. Open dayfile, find day/bad data. Change data to what the max/mins should be. Save. Open Cumulus/edit/this year/fetch log & day file data and copy the data.

You may want to do this for all your "All time records" for accuracy. Spikes often ruin max/mins for me.
Michael, Palmerston, NT Australia www.Palmerston-WeatherImageNo image? I'm offline!
ImageImage
Johnny basement
Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: Win10

Re: False data reading- how to erase it!

Post by Johnny basement »

Thank you- all sorted now.
And I have put right some of the bodges in my previous attempts at fixing!

I had done half of what you suggested already and learned a lot about how not to do things! :bash:

Once again thanks. :clap: