Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Dayfile.txt outlyers

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
George Richardson
Weather Station: Davis VP2 wireless

Dayfile.txt outlyers

Post by George Richardson »

Steve,

I think "Dayfile.txt" is a wonderful addition to Cumulus. Thank you. There is a modification to that which would be very benificial to me, and maybe others. I have been running Cumulus since January '09 and I am sure there are some "outlyers" in my records. Would it be reasonable to ask that each column in Dayfile.txt be sortable by clicking on the header. That would allow the easy finding and correction of outlyers. If that could be done, could we then have a "recompile records" click which would scan all history, modified, and reset all records?

I have no programming skills so I don't know if this would be a "piece of cake, should have thought of it" or "DON'T EVEN ASK!" situation, so, before I put in an enhancement request, thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

George
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Dayfile.txt outlyers

Post by steve »

George Richardson wrote:Would it be reasonable to ask that each column in Dayfile.txt be sortable by clicking on the header. That would allow the easy finding and correction of outlyers.
I'd have to look at the grid component that I use to see if it allows this; but I imagine that it would, it's a fairly standard facility that these things normally provide. I think the only complication might be having to get it back into date order again to save it - but a sort on the date column should achieve that.
If that could be done, could we then have a "recompile records" click which would scan all history, modified, and reset all records?
You can already do that; the all-time/monthly/annual record editors allow scanning of the monthly logs and dayfile.txt to extract the highs and lows from them. You do have to manually choose which record(s) to update from the extracted data.
Steve
hungerdunger
Weather Station: Maplin N96GY (WH-1081)
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by hungerdunger »

You can open and (if you're careful) edit dayfile.txt in a spreadsheet program. All the popular programs will allow you to sort by column so you can spot unlikely data.
Capel Dewi (Carmarthen) Weather Station:
https://twitter.com/CapelDewiWeathr
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

I import the contents of dayfile.txt into an Access database and can then run all sorts of enquiries. Any data values outside what would be considered a reasonable range can be identified very quickly.

Attached is a screenshot of a form which contains the results of 111 queries and 13 VBA subroutines.
Dayfile.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.