Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus Is Phenominal

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Cambium
Weather Station: ProWeatherTP3000
Operating System: Windows10

Cumulus Is Phenominal

Post by Cambium »

I am absolutely blown away by the software... There's always something new Im finding out. Like just now "select a graph" find the date you want to see data for. I clicked "rain rate" and "rain total" and it displays on the graph the rate per hour for a particular time... So I can clearly have a visual of when the rainfall was heaviest. The windometer is awesome. The green record alert button. The records for month/year. Just too much to list.

Who is the creator of this? I want to shake his hand...or write him/her a thank you.
Orion
Weather Station: WH1081 (Maplin)
Operating System: windows 10 64bit

Re: Cumulus Is Phenominal

Post by Orion »

Hi Cambium welcome to the forums
Steve is the creator of cumulus

I am sure he would very much appreciate a small donation
link
https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=978
wd40
Weather Station: WS2080
Operating System: W7

Post by wd40 »

Take time to go through the instructions and you will find even more. I've read them all and the Wiki but still miss points od interest and how to do things. I have been using Cumulus for a year now and still keep finding out more about the program.

The other good new is if something happens, Steve and the rest of the good folks will get you going again.

Cumulus is always interesting.
bolshoibob
Weather Station: WH 1081
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by bolshoibob »

Steve,
What a great piece of work.:clap: )
Note to self. Small donation coming.

Bolshoi Bob
(New Weather Station owner
uncle_bob
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: 2008

Post by uncle_bob »

I'm of the same opinion. I've come from using VWS and trying to use a couple of La Crosse weather stations with it that resulted in much hair pulling. My god those La Crosse stations left a lot to be desired. Clean data should be the first thing their sorted.

I've got my station online now with a few tweaks here and there and are pretty happy. The software was a breeze to work with and the wiki was a gold mine of titbits :)

Steve, thanks for your efforts, you've got a real decent product there. And yes, a donation has now been made (soz it wasn't a bit bigger, but if everyone donated that much you'd be rolling in it ;) )

Cheers another Bob.

Oh and my station can be located here...
http://www.users.on.net/~cond/weather/index.htm

Edited: to reflect WS url name change and donation.
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather
dmac
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows Home Server 2012

Post by dmac »

Phenomenal (UK spelling)

Yes this is good software and users should pay for it. I sense that Steve is getting burn out. How many Cumulus users in our World? I have been surprised at least by the number of users on Met Office WOW site. Weather Display starts at US dollars 70. I have used WD in past and also tried Weather Link (and TFA Nexus software) My vote goes to Cumulus. I think he should consider shareware.
WestOz
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR88A
Operating System: Windows 10 (64bit)

Post by WestOz »

dmac wrote:How many Cumulus users in our World?
Well, according to the "Cumulus Users Map" at http://sandaysoft.com/maps/cumulus-map.php there are 856 users, but I'm sure that there are many more that aren't listed around the world.

If you want your station added go to http://sandaysoft.com/maps/map-request.php

If you've got a station that's already listed on the map but is incorrect is some way, you can PM me and I can hopefully put it right.

All the best

Ian
on the Indian Ocean coast of Western Australia (down the bottom left-hand corner of Oz)
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

And 3539 registered users on the forum - though how many are active is another question