Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WMR100/200 poll

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.

Would you like Cumulus to support the WMR 100 and WMR 200 stations?

WMR-100
22%
WMR-200
78%

Total votes: 51

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

WMR100/200 poll

Post by steve »

After I've done the next round of changes to Cumulus (highs and lows for today/yesterday/this month/this year) I'm going to look at adding support for the Oregon Scientific WMR100 and WMR200. I'm considering actually buying a station as this makes things much easier.

I've had quite a few emails about this over the years, but I'm wondering how many people are actually reading the forum who are waiting for support for these stations so I thought a poll might be interesting. Note that there's no assumption that anyone will be making a donation...
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: WMR100/200 poll

Post by mcrossley »

Steve, I have voted for WMR-200, I don't have one myself but a friend of mine has one and he would definitely switch to Cumulus if support for it was added.
Edit: Oops, he has a WMR-100 - vote changed :oops:
TgT
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Solar
Operating System: A20 TV box + CumulusMX

Post by TgT »

Dont they have the same protocol? WMR-100,WMR200,WMRS200? :roll:
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

TgT wrote:Dont they have the same protocol? WMR-100,WMR200,WMRS200? :roll:
Yes, but the 100 doesn't have a logger. I don't intend to do one but not the other(s), I'm just interested in the figures. I may choose to leave the logger code out of the first attempt.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Does anyone know if the WMR88 uses the same protocol?
Steve
bigmac
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless
Operating System: Raspbian wheezy

Post by bigmac »

Yay, bring it on! Still drop by regularly to see if there has been any update for the WMR200, so I'm happy you are now considering it.
And how is that for dedication to the cause, that you are actually thinking of buying one to test it with!?!
I'm sure I speak for everyone else with a WMR100/200 in that we will all help you test it!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Once I've got the bugs out of the latest stuff, I'm going to have a bit of a rest, and then start on the WMR200 stuff next.
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I see the WMR100 is down in price, and now has separate remote sensors - with solar power options. Much better for mounting the wind sensor up high and finding a decent place for temp/rainfall. The only thing missing is the data logger, otherwise this may be the best of the 'cheaper' units?
http://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/colle ... ation.html
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

Separate transmitters on each sensor is certainly a good feature - an end to cables trailing everywhere and far less chance of picking up interference. Also, the availability of solar power units, particularly for the wind unit which want mounting on a high mast. On the down side, I see the rain gauge is only a third as sensitive as the (unmodified) FO unit, but I guess the same mod with a larger funnel could easily be applied.

Writing software for these units would certainly make an interesting project - as long as we can get the appropriate information.

For me this possibility is some way in the future - I haven't even got enough time ATM to pursue FO based software as I would like. I would probably go for the WMR100 as I run 24/7 with UPS for weather station(s). If/when Cumulus supports these units I wouldn't have any problem testing it (once I get a WMR100 of course! Can't afford it at present).
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
bigmac
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless
Operating System: Raspbian wheezy

Post by bigmac »

Hmmm, not many votes......don't let that disuade you from doing this Steve!!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

bigmac wrote:Hmmm, not many votes......don't let that disuade you from doing this Steve!!
No, I won't. There are quite a number of people who have emailed me in recent times who may not have seen this. As soon as I've knocked 1.9.1 into shape, this is definitely next on the list.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Actually, I'll probably extend the 1.9.1 beta period for quite a bit longer, so I may start adding WMR100/200 into that, rather than waiting for it to be stable. It will make testing the WMR100/200 changes more interesting :lol:
Steve
g4obk
Weather Station: WMR88
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by g4obk »

HI Steve

It's a long time (almost 2 years) since I checked in to the Sandaysoft website and forum, although I have been using Cumulus with one of the cheap Watson Weather Stations for that 2 year period and your software has been solid and reliable. I recently decided to upgrade to a better unit which should provide more accurate readings so I have purchased an Oregon Scientific WMR-200 station and now realised that Cumulus doesn't yet support it. I have cast my vote now though having read the news.

If I can be of any help in testing please let me know. I intend making a small donation after I have written this. Thank you for your efforts. I don't mind helping out if the software isn't yet stable if that will assist in your work.

Regards
Phil, North Yorkshire.
jpaone18
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR-200
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by jpaone18 »

Yes I give my NEW Vote to WMR 200. Oregon will use this station ultimately to replace the 918
Tonky
Weather Station: WMR-200
Operating System: Win. 7 86x

Post by Tonky »

Yes, I’m also waiting for the WMR 200 support in Cumulus 1 or 2.
So that would be great news. :)
Tonny

.....Sensor not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)