Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Temperature graphs - suggestion

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
malc-c
Weather Station: Maplin N96GY / WH1081
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Temperature graphs - suggestion

Post by malc-c »

Just wondering if it's possible to modify or add a functionality to the outside temperature graph, so that it can display temperature over a date range or like the rainfall graph, since records were started.
Regards

Malcolm
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Temperature graphs - suggestion

Post by steve »

The daily rain graph actually shows the last month's worth of data; it would get a bit 'busy' if it went back to when records began. But in the next version of Cumulus I hope to give the option of "scrolling" the graphs in a facility similar to the existing Select-A-Graph.

The temp min/max/avg shows the last month's figures, and Select-A-Graph lets you display any range you want. You can configure the 'standard' graphs to go back any number of hours by tweaking GraphHours in cumulus.ini (it will get overwritten if you use the display settings subsequently), but note that performance will start to suffer if you set it too high.

If I've misunderstood what you're asking for, could you clarify?
Steve
malc-c

Post by malc-c »

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.

I wasn't aware that you can change the graph settings. Just to clarify, currently when viewing the outside temperature graph it covers the past 24 hrs from the current time. So for example at the time of writing this I can see the temperatures from 6.30pm yesterday through to 6.30pm today.

I know the Min/Max temps graph covers a rolling month, but was thinking that entering a date range and then updating the graph might be useful, so you could see the temps over a wider period. Eg, start date = 1/9/09 - end date 1/2/10 would show the outside temps for that 6 month period

Hope that's clear ?
Regards

Malcolm
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

malc-c wrote:I wasn't aware that you can change the graph settings. Just to clarify, currently when viewing the outside temperature graph it covers the past 24 hrs from the current time. So for example at the time of writing this I can see the temperatures from 6.30pm yesterday through to 6.30pm today.
Yes, you can choose a period of 12, 24, or 48 hours in the display settings, or any other value via the cumulus.ini file.
I know the Min/Max temps graph covers a rolling month, but was thinking that entering a date range and then updating the graph might be useful, so you could see the temps over a wider period. Eg, start date = 1/9/09 - end date 1/2/10 would show the outside temps for that 6 month period
But isn't that what Select-A-Graph gives you?
Steve
malc-c

Post by malc-c »

steve wrote:But isn't that what Select-A-Graph gives you?
Sorry Steve, classic case of RTFM !

That's what I was after !
Regards

Malcolm
sm0hxb
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH-1080
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit HP laptop

Post by sm0hxb »

Yes, you can choose a period of 12, 24, or 48 hours in the display settings, or any other value via the cumulus.ini file.
Hi, I have tried to put 72 hours in Cumulus ini file. But when I start Cumulus again, it's back to 48 hours, which is what I have chosen in the configuration.
Can I get around that ?

/Göran
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

sm0hxb wrote:Hi, I have tried to put 72 hours in Cumulus ini file. But when I start Cumulus again, it's back to 48 hours, which is what I have chosen in the configuration.
Did you edit the cumulus.ini file while Cumulus was stopped? Also, using the display settings will reset the value to 48 hours.
Steve
sm0hxb

Post by sm0hxb »

steve wrote:Did you edit the cumulus.ini file while Cumulus was stopped? Also, using the display settings will reset the value to 48 hours.
Yes,
and what can I do to not choose any of the 3 graphs period options available in Cumulus Display config?
I can not find anything to change in Cumulus ini file other than "GraphHours = 48",
which I changed to 72.

Maybe I missed something else to change.

/Göran
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

sm0hxb wrote:and what can I do to not choose any of the 3 graphs period options available in Cumulus Display config?
You can't. If you use the display settings, the value will reset to 48 hours, and you will have to edit the cumulus.ini file again. This isn't an 'official' facility; it's just a hack that happens to work.
I can not find anything to change in Cumulus ini file other than "GraphHours = 48", which I changed to 72.
Yes, that's all you need to do. I've tried it myself, so I know it works.
Steve
sm0hxb

Post by sm0hxb »

If you use the display settings, the value will reset to 48 hours, and you will have to edit the cumulus.ini file again.
Steve...Sorry if I'm going with stupid questions, but when I do not understand I have to ask. :?

As long as one of the options in the Graph config is checked,
then it does not matter what I write in Cumulus ini.
And I can not figure out how to uncheck all options. That no option is selected.

/Göran
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

sm0hxb wrote:As long as one of the options in the Graph config is checked,
then it does not matter what I write in Cumulus ini.
And I can not figure out how to uncheck all options. That no option is selected.
You have to choose one of the standard options if you change the display settings. So don't change the display settings. If you need to change them for some other reason, then you will have to edit cumulus.ini again (with Cumulus stopped).
Steve
sm0hxb

Post by sm0hxb »

Okay, Steve

Thanks for your help with this. Now it works.
I do not know what I did wrong before.

Regards
Göran