Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

2 questions

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
adam5
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

2 questions

Post by adam5 »

Hi Steve,

One more suggestion, if you feel so compelled to implement it. Mostly for the Davis systems...the ability (toggle) to send altimeter setting to WU and PWS Weather. Sort of goes back to our discussion on altimeter setting versus sea level pressure. Since most non Davis stations simply report altimeter setting, pressure readings listed in WU from surrounding home weather stations will often be quite different and look out of calibration, especially for sites at higher elevations.

Just a thought, not sure that many folks would use that feature.

Second question...under the internet settings/files tab GUI you provide a spot to have up to ten additional files uploaded to a site. Those settings get saved to the Cumulus.ini file. Is it possible to add more than 10 files to be uploaded simply by adding them to the Cumulus.ini file?

As always...thanks!

-Brian
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: 2 questions

Post by steve »

adam5 wrote:One more suggestion, if you feel so compelled to implement it. Mostly for the Davis systems...the ability (toggle) to send altimeter setting to WU and PWS Weather. Sort of goes back to our discussion on altimeter setting versus sea level pressure. Since most non Davis stations simply report altimeter setting, pressure readings listed in WU from surrounding home weather stations will often be quite different and look out of calibration, especially for sites at higher elevations.
I could add that fairly easily. It seems a shame to reduce the VP2 "correct" value to the lowest common denominator, though. At least on CWOP we know what they want and we're all singing from the same sheet. I was thinking of adding an option for non-Davis stations to calculate SLP properly...
Second question...under the internet settings/files tab GUI you provide a spot to have up to ten additional files uploaded to a site. Those settings get saved to the Cumulus.ini file. Is it possible to add more than 10 files to be uploaded simply by adding them to the Cumulus.ini file?
Yes, this has crossed my mind a few times; it's a bit limiting as it is, but no, just adding extra ones won't work as the code is now. It's probably not too hard to change the code to look for extra ones.
Steve
laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Post by laulau »

Perhaps "daj" Toolbox could help to upload more files ;)
https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2291
Laurent

gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

steve wrote:...It's probably not too hard to change the code to look for extra ones...
Steve how about a completely different (and not using the 'cumulus.ini' file) external file that would be read by Cumulus on startup - if the file is there then Cumulus read it and process the file names that are in the file - if the file is not there then Cumulus behave as usual. This way, one could easily edit the external file to add a bunch of files to be uploaded, restart Cumulus and Cumulus would act and upload the files...
adam5
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by adam5 »

I could add that fairly easily. It seems a shame to reduce the VP2 "correct" value to the lowest common denominator, though.
Well, I certainly cannot argue against that point. I got the idea after looking at the WU listing of nearby weather stations, and noting some fairly big differences (up to 0.15 inch) between my pressure reading and most others. Must be the very cold air that has invaded the region lately leading to some large difference between SLP and altimeter. Of course my reading is the one that looks like an outlier...when in fact it's most correct. So...I'm torn.

On another note...I noticed the latest beta build with the 2-minute wind option. I'll check it out!

Thanks!!!

-Brian