Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Monthly rain spike

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Monthly rain spike

Post by Super-T »

I had a problem on 8/6/2021 with the console stopped communicating and when I restarted I got all sorts of errors with the rain count suddenly jumped and this has stuffed up records for rain. I have tried fixing but seem to be going around in circles with no fix of the problem.
Is anyone interested in sorting out the data for me as it is beyond my capabilities.
I can send the cumulus directory which was backed up last night as the latest data set.
HELP
2021-06-09_173648.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Monthly rain spike

Post by sfws »

Super-T wrote: Wed 09 Jun 2021 5:39 am I had a problem on 8/6/2021
To correct rainfall count problems, on the day they occur, Cumulus 1 has a Today's Rain option on Edit menu.

On subsequent days, rainfall count problems should be cleared, as anything on previous day ignored.

To correct the totals shown for this month and this year on that screen is simple; what it includes for yesterday is derived from dayfile.txt so presumably there is an error in the number stored in dayfile.txt field 15 (taking date field as field 1), for 8 June? Cumulus 1 provides an editor for that file, select Dayfile.txt option on Edit menu.

Full information on how monthly/yearly rainfall derived, and corrected, on Wiki FAQ page

To correct individual logging entries during day is more complicated, and not usually worth doing, but if you zip up Jun21log.txt maybe someone has time to sort that out. Basically decrease rainfall count values (field 12 where 1 contains date and 2 contains time) to increase total rainfall (field 10).
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Re: Monthly rain spike

Post by Super-T »

I have corrected the dayfile.txt.

Not sure about this bit
"To correct individual logging entries during day is more complicated, and not usually worth doing, but if you zip up Jun21log.txt maybe someone has time to sort that out. Basically decrease rainfall count values (field 12 where 1 contains date and 2 contains time) to increase total rainfall (field 10)."

There has only been 2.8mm of rain on 9/6/2021 so not worth worrying about.

Thanks for the help and I will see what happens on rollover tonight.

Have a look on www.janter.co.nz/weather
Jun21log.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.