Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Console Battery error

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
TwoTonTed
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 11

Console Battery error

Post by TwoTonTed »

I cant find an answer to this one, so a quick Q please.

On my Cumulus 1 My Weather UI I have the red light flashing on 'the Status, Console Battery' part of the display.

Is this indicating the battery in my Vantage Vue console or the battery in the weather station itself? Or neither and some other error? It's receiving data ok.

Thanks
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Console Battery error

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Ted,
On my Cumulus 1 My Weather UI I have the red light flashing on 'the Status, Console Battery' part of the display.
Actually the red light is not flashing on the Status, Console Battery part, just in that area of the display.
In Cumulus 1 if on the main display you click on Help, Help Topics, The Display, The Main Window, you will see the description for "New Record" light and for "Error" light. Clicking on the flashing red light you will see the information text.
In the same area on the main console screen you also see the separate Console Battery status but this has nothing to do with the error. Mine shows 4.77v.

Again in the Help, The Displays, The Main Window, there is text "For Davis users, the status of the transmitter batteries is given at the bottom left of the main screen. Transmitters whose batteries are good give an 'OK' status. Unfortunately, transmitters which aren't present also give an 'OK' status.

Enjoy,
Paul

Edit: p.s.
While MX has so much more to offer now, this old Cumulus1 feature of Help on the various screens has been a great help to me over the years.
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

TwoTonTed
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 11

Re: Console Battery error

Post by TwoTonTed »

thanks for that!