Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Data transfer to AWEKAS

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
bumpy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Data transfer to AWEKAS

Post by bumpy »

Hello
I had a major PC failure last year and had to reinstall Cumulus which had become corrupted. I did manage to recover about 75% of my historical data back to 2010 but alas some disappeared into the ether never to be found. Fortunately I also maintain manual records and was able to restore most missing data.
At the time of PC failure I was sending data to AWEKAS without problems but I realised recently that data had stopped sending to AWEKAS. I have rechecked my file settings which appear to be correct but AWEKAS does not receive data. My current settings are local file name C:\Cumulus\web\awekas_wl.htm
and remote file name public_html/awekas_wl.htmtmp
On the server I can see files awekas _wl.htm and awekas_wl.htmtmp both in the public_html folder but neither have been updated since the PC failure.
On my account settings on the Awekas web site the data path is http://www.farleighmeadows.co.uk/awekas.wl.htm
Should there be a file in my Cumulus web folder that generates Awekas data because if so I cannot find it. If it is missing how do I get it back?
I'm very much a novice in these things despite having had my website for many years.
My website is www.farleighmeadows.co.uk
Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Tony Waldren
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Data transfer to AWEKAS

Post by PaulMy »

Your http://www.farleighmeadows.co.uk/awekas_wl.htm is dated 16/03/2020

Check your local and AWEKAS settings to use awekas_wl.htm and not awekas.wl.htm
The awekas_wl.htm template file should be in your \Cumulus\web folder
In your web upload settings make sure you are using the correct path and name in both local and remote.

Enjoy,
Paul

EDIT:
Should there be a file in my Cumulus web folder that generates Awekas data because if so I cannot find it. If it is missing how do I get it back?
If you need it let me know and I will PM.
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

bumpy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by bumpy »

Hello Paul
Thank you for the early response. Both the awekas files have the _ Apologies for the typo. I have looked in the Cumulus Web folder and the awekas template is not there which seems to be the root of the problem - can you forward it please?
I have rechecked the upload settings for local and remote and these are the the same as when Cumulus was successfully updating to Awekas. At some point in the past I wrote the file settings down and I have now found them and these match exactly with those shown in the upload settings.
If you could forward the awekas template file for the Web folder I would be very grateful.
Many thanks.
Tony
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

File sent by PM
And for information here is an old link for using AWEKAS on Cumulus1 viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1015&p=8176&hilit=awekas#p8176
Glad it is incorporated in CumulusMX so no need for extra web files, and Mark is making updates as needed :)

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm