Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Two websites from one Cumulus program

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
dc1500
Weather Station: Watson W-8681 (Fine Offset type)
Operating System: Windows 10

Two websites from one Cumulus program

Post by dc1500 »

This might seem like an odd question but I want to set up a new website in parallel with the existing one using just one console (Watson) and the same set of Cumulus data. Is this possible?
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Two websites from one Cumulus program

Post by PaulMy »

Yes and quite easy.
I have a few:
www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm
www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.php
www.komokaweather.com/PWS

You can also use the Ken True's Saratoga template, and hansr's Cumulusutils, and others.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

dc1500

Post by dc1500 »

Thanks, but how did you do it? i.e USB to PC then run more than one Cumulus program on the same PC with different configs and FTP uploads?
Edit - apologies just found the cumulus utilities you mentioned which looks like the answer but will have to read up on.
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Do you already have the standard Cumulus website? a link to it?

a) In one setup I run Cumulus1 on PC connected by a USB/Envoy and run a page derived from the Cumulus standard template and also the Saratgoa template.
b) Another has CumulusMX on PC connected by a WiFiLogger/Vue console (like the Davis WeatherlinkIP) and uploading to the standard Cumulus template and the MXUIwebsite template.
c) A third setup is using CumulusMX with Davis Weatherlink Live and uploading the standard Cumulus template and the CumulusUtils site.
d) I have also tested a second CumulusMX with the Weatherlink Live (as the WLL is not restricted to one program at a time) and uploading files for the 3 templates, standard Cumulus, MXUIwebsite, and the Cumulusutils site.

The Cumulusutils program uses the standard Cumulus webfiles and updating files along with its own new files that should be run/updated at least once every day which can be done in the Cumulus settings www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.html

The MXUIwebsite uses some of the standard Cumulus uploaded files and a set of special files to be updated at the realtime and regular interval times through the Extra web files settings www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.php

The other templates work basically the same; utilizing existing files updated by Cumulus, and adding some additional files to be processed and updated.

You would need a separate folder on your website for each of the templates. i use /weather /cumulusmx /cumulusmxwll /komokaweather-ca /pws

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

dc1500

Post by dc1500 »

Thank you Paul. That is most helpful. I should be able to follow that ok, might take a while as I seem to be a bit slower on the uptake since turning 70!
My website, which Is based on Cumulus 1 and a Fine Offset Watson, I pretty much built myself. Getting a bit long in the tooth now (me, the website and the weather station) being running for over ten years pretty much uninterrupted.
www.laindonweather.co.uk
Dave
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Dave,
Very nice pictures on your site.
Good luck on your endeavour... If any questions, don't hesitate to post.

I see your existing page still uses the old gauges. While Cumulus1 still works well, and I still use it too, CumulusMX will give you some new features including the ss-gauges built-in so no need to do an add on as in Cumulus1. If you are intending to change or add a template you might consider CumulusMX first which has the new charts, including the new Historical. While CumulusMX may sound daunting, it really isn't if you take your time (and ask for guidance if needed) and you can still have your existing Cumulus1 site until you are ready with the change (but not run Cumulus1 and CumulusMX at the same time).

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

dc1500

Post by dc1500 »

Thanks again for the support and comments Paul. I have toyed with using MX version but use "Select a graph
View period" extensively and would miss them. Why are they not in the new version?
Dave
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Dave,
Mark or others can better describe the reason for the change in the graphs/charts in CumulusMX vs Cumulus1. The latest CumulusMX version now includes historical charts on the the dashboard and webfiles which can be viewed in 1-month, 3-months, 6-months, YTD, 1-year, and all time (I think from the dayfile.txt data. However I am not familiar on how you would use them as an alternative.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Just to be clear, there is a UIwebsite template version for Cumulus1. I have not updated mine for a few months but you will see the Cumulus1 "Charts" in this page http://www.komokaweather.com/cumulus1ui/index.php

Link for download viewtopic.php?p=138283#p138283

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+