Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Error -32701

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Error -32701

Post by aznetcowboy »

My system has been running okay for a long time now. I have had no need to reboot the Cumulus 1.9.4 software for a long time, nor to reboot the computer (using Windows 10) on which it is running. But this morning I was greeted with the following popup error:

Error -32701 while trying to initialize the station. Please check your connections and settings.

Unless for some reason the computer rebooted itself overnight, I have no knowledge of the computer rebooting. It seems that the last good reading was at 4:32 A.M. I have double-checked the connections and settings and see nothing wrong. :?

HELP!!!
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us
jon_iz
Weather Station: Davis VP2+, WLL & Airlink
Operating System: Win 10 64bit / RPi Buster

Re: Error -32701

Post by jon_iz »

aznetcowboy wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:59 pm My system has been running okay for a long time now. I have had no need to reboot the Cumulus 1.9.4 software for a long time, nor to reboot the computer (using Windows 10) on which it is running. But this morning I was greeted with the following popup error:

Error -32701 while trying to initialize the station. Please check your connections and settings.

Unless for some reason the computer rebooted itself overnight, I have no knowledge of the computer rebooting. It seems that the last good reading was at 4:32 A.M. I have double-checked the connections and settings and see nothing wrong. :?

HELP!!!
In win 10, if you press Ctrl Shift & Escape together to open the task manager and then select the performance tab, you will see the system Up Time at the bottom of the window.
Windows 10 does like to apply it's own updates when it thinks the system is not in use - the 2004 feature update has given me nothing but grief...
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

I think that error message means that Cumulus did not find the station on the com port specified in the settings.

Windows 10 on a reboot has been known to change com ports so find the one the station is actually on (Control Panel / Device Manager / Ports) and change the port in the Cumulus settings.
David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Serial, or USB connection?

Check task manager for another copy of Cumulus running in the background.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

In my experience this error 32701 is mostly when trying to run Cumulus1 and another program (i.e. another instance of Cumulus1 or Weatherlink) is already running, as also noted by Mark.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18093&p=142591&hilit=32701#p142591

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Post by aznetcowboy »

I now have it working. It turned out to be something totally unexpected. I realized I was also having an issue with my emails not working. So I unplugged both my router and my modem, plus both of my computers. After powering the modem and router back up, I then restarted both of my computers. Everything is now working! Who would have thought this was the issue. Something to be aware of in the future.

YAHOO!!! :clap:
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us