Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Processing Data speed

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
amaclac
Weather Station: WS1093
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Processing Data speed

Post by amaclac »

Ok - thanks! Did as you said and finally got it on to version 1.9.4 Build 1099! Well, wasn't that easy?!

Appreciate your help.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

The thanks are due to you, for your success. I still blame certain developers for not making it clear what Cumulus 1 users were supposed to do for upgrading their sites.

As for your next step to apply the patch, it is just a case of using that patch 1099.2 Cumulus.exe file you downloaded to replace the Cumulus.exe you now have. If you can copy and paste other files, you can do that.

My reward is with your help, I have now updated https://cumuluswiki.org/a/FAQ#How_do_I_ ... release.3F with what we have both learnt.

I don't know the statistics for how many Cumulus users are still using Cumulus 1, how many are using MX, or even the total number of Cumulus users, but as I said before I encounter many sites still using old Cumulus 1 versions, that may be because most of the sites I look at were running their sites a decade or so ago when MX did not exist. For most people, I assumed it was based on, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Now I wonder how many sites have not been upgraded because the technical stuff baffled them. Those people have probably given up looking at this forum.
amaclac
Weather Station: WS1093
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by amaclac »

Well, I am delighted to hear that my naivety has helped! I will attempt the path tomorrow. I think the main thing with instructions is to assume the user knows nothing and make the instructions as clear as possible. I have some knowledge, but am nervous about performing some tasks as I wouldn't know how to undo them if required!

Anyway, thanks again.