Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus Weather Stations - Map

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Paul C
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with solar
Operating System: Windows 10

Cumulus Weather Stations - Map

Post by Paul C »

I just wondered if there was a list of regular Cumulus users ?

How about one of those AWEKAS style maps with current live data just from Cumulus stations, or something I similar to Wundergrounds googlemaps. I,m sure it may revole around a clientraw file being uploaded and then something grabbing the data and putting on a map.

Unfortunatley I have plenty of these great ideas but absolutley no idea on how do it. Lets hope there is somebody on the forum that can help ?

Steve - I,m sure you told me that there was a basic data file uploaded, is that correct.

;)
Paul C
Brampton, Cumbria, UK
117m ASL
http://www.bramptonweather.co.uk
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus Weather Stations - Map

Post by steve »

Paul,

Yes, it wouldn't be too hard to do some sort of thing with Google maps. The data file you're referring to is the realtime.txt file, and some sort of web application could poll for the contents of those files.

But I have no idea who's using Cumulus other than the people on this forum (and its previous incarnation) and those in contact with me by email. I do know there are some people using Cumulus who have never made contact at all, that's up to them, I guess.

Steve
Steve
Paul C

Post by Paul C »

Steve,

Well lets hope they at least read this forum. Perhaps another "subject" on the forum where you can post your station and location etc and go from there. If I can help I am happy to do so. :D
Paul C
Brampton, Cumbria, UK
117m ASL
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I'll have a think about it and post some sort of thread. I did think some time ago about having a page on the site with a list of links to Cumulus sites, but I wasn't sure there were enough to bother. On average, over the last four years, between 5 and 10 people have downloaded Cumulus every day. Let's see if we can flush a few of them out! I guess 99.99% of them decide it's rubbish and delete it.

Steve
Steve
MacDude

Post by MacDude »

Come on Steve - you are being to modest! Yes Cumulus may not have loads of user customisable dials in clashing vibrant colours with hundreds of fields crammed onto a tiny screen layout (what product can I be thinking of?) and some of us say AMEN to that!

/andy
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I couldn't possibly comment :lol:
Steve
Paul C

Post by Paul C »

I have just subscribed to this weather map. This is the type of thing I was thinking for Cumulus stations.
http://www.midlandsweather.org.uk/ukwn.php

In fact Steve, I know you do some work for uk,sci,weather - perhaps they should have something similar for their members ?
Paul C
Brampton, Cumbria, UK
117m ASL
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

We could all join that one. It would be easy to create a template file like the Weatherlink and VWS ones that they use, and get Cumulus to upload that.

Steve
Steve