Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus High Wind won't read over 50kmh

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Grahampp1972
Weather Station: Aercus WS3083 Pro Wireless
Operating System: Windows 10

Cumulus High Wind won't read over 50kmh

Post by Grahampp1972 »

Hi there. I am using a Aercus Instruments WS3083 Pro Wireless Weather Station - when downloading my data, my high wind data tops out at 50km/h even when it is obvious that sustained winds have exceeded that.

Has anyone had similar experiences to this?

Thanks, Graham.
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Cumulus High Wind won't read over 50kmh

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. What does the Console (LCD display) indicate for the maximum wind speed? Similarly, what about the normal (supplied) "Easyweather (plus)" software? You can download logged data to both applications, but they cannot be run at the same time. Is the maximum exactly 50 km/hr?

If the "limit" is definitely within Cumulus, then the first place to look is the "spike" settings, although these are normally set to very high initial values. Finally, is your anemometer located in a suitable (high) location to be sure that it really is seeing more than 50 km/hr?

Cheers, Alan.
Grahampp1972

Post by Grahampp1972 »

Hi Alan. Thanks for the helpful reply. I think I have found a setting that was limiting the high wind reading - it was set to 50 for some reason.

To answer some of your questions, yes, the anemometer is well positioned. It is mounted at the top of a pole attached to my garden shed and is in clear air, well away from trees.It has registered gusts of over 80kmh, and until some time in the past few months, it did used to register wind speeds in excess of 50kmh. I just noticed recently that the max wind speed on a few days was exactly 50.

Not sure what caused this to get changed, but hopefully now it will give accurate records. I have set it to 100 to give lots of range... If it goes over that, the shed it is attached to may not be around to make the reading possible!

Thanks again, Graham.
Grahampp1972

Post by Grahampp1972 »

Just as a follow up, the fix worked. I made the software change then connected to the station. The data that was recorded in the meantime contained wind speeds over 50kmh.

Thanks, Graham.