Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

How to include month.log.txt files from C1 to CMX

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Thunderstorm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro
Operating System: Win10

How to include month.log.txt files from C1 to CMX

Post by Thunderstorm »

Hi,
I've been running CumulusMx 3.2.0 (3056) a few days ago. Now I want to integrate all the data from C1 into CMx. For this I copied all Monats19log.txt files from C1 (1099) into the folder C: // CumulusMX / data. What do I have to do to have the data read in there?
Many greetings
Thunderstorm
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: How to include month.log.txt files from C1 to CMX

Post by freddie »

Firstly shut down Cumulus MX. In Cumulus.ini under the [Station] section you need to change the StartDate entry to the start date of your imported data. Finally restart Cumulus MX.

Note that there were some date format changes between 1.9.4 and MX but I believe these were in the .ini data files rather than the monthly log files. Read the first post in the MX section of the forum (the one titled "PLEASE READ FIRST") to double-check this point.

Good luck.
Freddie
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

Hello Freddie,
first thank you for the quick reply. It felt like it was easy to solve. The modification of the .ini file with the correction of the date worked and the newly set months19log.txt were read in. but there are no values ​​in the monthly data. In the WIKI is written:
If you want to use your Cumulus 1 data with MX, and you use decimal commas in your Cumulus 1 data, you will need to edit the .ini files to change the decimal commas into periods/full stops, because Cumulus MX always expects periods/full stops in .ini files regardless of the locale in use. The other data files will be OK - assuming you are using the same decimal and list separators in MX as you used in Cumulus 1 (i.e. the same locale). If you try to switch to a different locale, then your data log files will of course no longer be in the correct format, so you would need to edit all of your files.
I
And I did not understand what I have to change in the .ini file.

many greetings
thunderstorm
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Thunderstorm wrote: Tue 26 Nov 2019 8:07 pmThe modification of the .ini file with the correction of the date worked and the newly set months19log.txt were read in. but there are no values ​​in the monthly data
If there are no values in the monthly data then how do you know that the month log files were read in? Are you talking about the monthly records?
Freddie
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Have you also merged the C1 day file into the MX dayfile?

I guess all your records will be have been set in C1, so you would be best placed to copy over the C1 records files to MX - you will have to check that date formats in those files are correct for MX.
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

Hi,
as attachment I attached the monthly file Nov19log.txt. From 01.11. it is data from C1 and from 23.11. it is CMx data. I am not sure if the data format is correct. The data is not correct. The records will be on 24.11. at 14:50 a high of 21.6 ° C recorded. I can not find this value in the month file. http://odenwald-wetter.de/cumulus/record.htm
This value is not true, because too high. How can I get erroneous values, e.g. to edit the records?
Many greetings
thunderstorm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

For the all-time records you can use the all-time record editor built into MX. As the erroneous value does not appear in your log file, the editor should show the true value.
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

Hi,
I was able to solve the problem of editing the all-time record. The problem I still have is the monthly records. I checked the alltimelog.txt, the dayfile.txt and the log.txt files. Here are all records from 18.03. yet no monthly records are recorded. http://odenwald-wetter.de/cumulus/monthlyrecord.htm
Can it be due to the file formats of C1 and CMx? I have put together two datasets in the attachment. The data from 01.12. belong to CMX and the other record from 01.10. was created by C1. I do not see a difference. But why are not the monthly data taken over?

Many greetings
Thunderstorm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

The monthly records are held in the "monthyalltime.ini" file, have you copied that over and checked the date formats?
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

Hello Marc,
Thank you for your patience and perseverance. I know, I am a difficult case. It is done soon. The data of the monthlyalltime.ini were taken over. Unfortunately, the format of the data is not correct. e.g. 194888331245467 instead of 19.4 http://odenwald-wetter.de/cumulus/monthlyrecord.htm
Where and how can I change the formats? I tentatively corrected some data in which I set the decimal places with a dot with the program Notepad ++. That does not work.

many greetings
thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

Now I was too fast. Now all data will be updated. I forgot to close the .ini file and reboot. Thanks again for your help !! :clap: