Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Web site security issue

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Lonelystar
Weather Station: WMR200
Operating System: Win7

Web site security issue

Post by Lonelystar »

Hi everybody,
Since one week my web hosting provider (Orange in France) has changed the access rules for security reasons :
* http move to hhtps
* we have to choose :
* FTPES instead FTP
* passive mode for the transfer parameter

I dont know how to update my internet connection into the Cumulus software and my web site.

Can you help me?

Perhaps I must move to Cumulu MX. But in this case how to not lost all the old data from Cumulus?

Thank in advance for your advices
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Web site security issue

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
Can't help on your security and http/https but
Perhaps I must move to Cumulu MX. But in this case how to not lost all the old data from Cumulus?
You can just copy your total Cumulus 1 \data folder in the new \CumulusMX and no data loss at all.
You can also copy in the cumulus.ini from Cumulus 1 to CumulusMX but need to rename it Cumulus.ini (capital C)

As noted in the CumulusMX section there are some differences in the time tags that you may need to address.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Lonelystar
Weather Station: WMR200
Operating System: Win7

Re: Web site security issue

Post by Lonelystar »

Hi everybody,

Finally I solved my issue by using a free software able to manage security web transfer.

First of all, Cumulus refreshes web data with a well-known rate defining by the software setup .
So the solution is to use a software to refresh the web data regularly.
A such free soft is FreeFileSync working on Win10. After installing this soft you define the source and destination folders and your choice for the options. Then you can save the configuration as a batch command.
After that you have just to built a command file including the batch command for FreeFileSync and several lines to define the rate update.
I am not an expert programmer, but I would give you what I have done. It could be a base for beginner as I am.
It works perfectly with Win10

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

@echo off
:Restart
start C:\Users\Patrick\Documents\Meteo_Sync_Batch.ffs_batch

:Pause de 60 secondes
Timeout /T 60 /NOBREAK >NUL
cls
Goto Restart

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

• Meteo_Sync_Batch.ffs_batch : the name of the FreeFileSync saving batch

• Adjust in second the refresh data rate compatible with your Cumulus configuration

Long life to Cumulus

Regards

Patrick Trochet