Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

File: awekas_wl.htmtmp

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
bigharps
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 +
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

File: awekas_wl.htmtmp

Post by bigharps »

Advice please. I got a message from AWEKAS that my station has not uploaded data for several months.
I am running Cumulus V 1.9.4, build 1099.
I have checked a few things, but I am wondering about the awekas.htmtmp file which is in my Cumulus\web folder.
The file is empty.
I saw in an old answer from Steve that: "The 'remote filename' has to be a path and file name on your ftp server which tells Cumulus where to put the file and what to call it. "
I am wondering what other data should the file contain?
Thanks.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: File: awekas_wl.htmtmp

Post by PaulMy »

I have checked a few things, but I am wondering about the awekas.htmtmp file which is in my Cumulus\web folder.
The file is empty.
That file is a temporary file saved by Cumulus while processing and is updated at each update. It should have the current data that will be uploaded. Is yours with the current date stamp?
Do you have the \Cumulus\web\awekas_wl.htm with webtags set in your Internet settings (cumulus.ini) to process and upload?

My AWEKAS template file in \Cumulus\web\awekas_wl.htm has the webtags for Cumulus to process and upload to my public_html/weather/ folder:
AWEKAS_Template_start<br>
<#temp><br>
<#hum><br>
<#press><br>
<#rfall><br>
<#wspeed><br>
<#bearing><br>
<#hour>:<#minute><br>
<#day>/<#month>/<#year><br>
<#presstrend><br>
-<br>
-<br>
-<br>
-<br>
-<br>
-<br>
-<br>
<#wgust><br>
<br>
<br>
<#rrate><br>
---<br>
°<#tempunit><br>
% <br>
<#windunit><br>
<#pressunit><br>
<#rainunit><br>
W/m²<br>
<#rainunit>/hr<br>
index<br>
Template_V1.5<br>

The processed file is then uploaded as www.komokaweather.com/weather/awekas_wl.htm:
AWEKAS_Template_start
09:05
14/05/2019
Rising
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

---
°°C
%
km/h
hPa
mm
W/m²
mm/hr
index
Template_V1.5
Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

bigharps
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 +
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Post by bigharps »

Thanks for the help! You got me to search around again.
Things have been a little crazy around here the past few days, so I only got back to this about an hour ago.
I searched in ever decreasing circles for a while, slowly going bonkers - everything looked good.
Then, for some reason I started thinking, "what happened on January 19 this year?", (that was the date of the latest data displayed by AWEKAS).
Eventually, I remembered that I changed hosts in January. But because updates to my website (www.kookaburranet.com/Weather) were still being correctly uploaded, I disregarded that as a factor.
Had to be a simple answer, and it was. The old host had "public_html" as initial directory of the ftp address, the new one didn't. I had changed the address on the "Sites/Options" tab, but forgot the "Files" tab where the AWEKAS files were nominated!
I deleted "public_html/" from the front of the remote filename - no more problems - AWEKAS is now updating correctly.
I can't believe how often seem to manage to overlook one small detail somewhere, and keep missing it when I go checking!
:oops: :oops:
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Great that you got it working again. Yes I know about overlooking things, one can much easier spot another's mistake and completely overlook their own.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm