Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release v3.0.0 build 3050 - 1 May 2019.
Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014

See the Wiki for downloading either version.

Reminder about Wiki

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section and its subforums are the main place to get help with Cumulus. Anything which is not specific to the type of weather station goes in here; for anything specific to a type of weather station, please use the appropriate subforum. Use the 'website development' section for any questions relating to creating or running a web site for Cumulus data. Discussion of the stations themselves in these sections is fine.
sfws
Weather Station: Final post in top ten topic
Operating System: Tempermental Win. 10 PC

Reminder about Wiki

Post by sfws » Wed 27 Feb 2019 4:48 pm

As this is a rare venture back for me to the forum, and I have had a quick read of many recent queries, it seems to me there is an important point to stress.

To everyone on this forum, don't forget that Wiki has answers to many common questions. One could describe it as quoting a lot of Steve Loft's knowledge of the software he wrote, and then adding a summary of key points taken from the experience of others reported in previous answers on this forum. Thus it can sometimes be the quickest way to get answers, although I accept it is generally not written for a newcomer, but more for someone who wants slightly more technical knowledge.

Also, much of the Wiki was written before Cumulus MX was available, so anybody with good knowledge of MX who has time to bring the Wiki fully up to date would be I am sure making a useful contribution for the future.

Freddie - you might consider reintroducing some of the text on the pink background that Steve Loft used to have "Please read this post before posting". This originally appeared between the "welcome" and the version information.
What I am suggesting is that you might mention that people might try reading the FAQ and other parts of the Wiki, the post that Steve used to link to from his phase I have quoted above, is now at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2566, but is obviously out of date as it was written for when he was doing most of the support. However, I would suggest much of the advice there is still valid and very helpful to newcomers. You might want to write an updated version of that post and link to it?
If you are rewriting the section on the pink background, I would suggest the reference to download goes on a separate line as both Cumulus 1 and MX downloads are covered on the same Wiki page. Alternatively, the version information could be moved to that empty space below the downloads link on the royal blue background part. The advantage of this alternative is the header area repeated on each forum page is then smaller, so less scrolling on smaller screens.