Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Help downloading history from the base station

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Northend
Weather Station: Ws3083
Operating System: Windows 8

Help downloading history from the base station

Post by Northend »

I have been using the base station for 5 weeks and have only just downloaded the Cumulus software onto my laptop (I’m using Windows 8). How do I download the data stored in the base station from the last 5 weeks?
tortell
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: WINDOWS XP

Re: Help downloading history from the base station

Post by tortell »

Dear Sir

I have a weather station WH1080 which i used for several years without problems all of a sudden it is telling me (can't communicate with device)
I have replaced the usb cable and as well installed the again the software but still the same. Please can anybody help me to solve this problem.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Help downloading history from the base station

Post by PaulMy »

I have been using the base station for 5 weeks and have only just downloaded the Cumulus software onto my laptop (I’m using Windows 8). How do I download the data stored in the base station from the last 5 weeks?
Upon installing Cumulus it starts receiving data from the station from that date/time on. As you also likely know, if you shut down Cumulus and restart it later then Cumulus downloads the data from the logger since last running Cumulus so your data is continuous. However data from before installing Cumulus is not downloaded.

I have also read and likely a search on the forum should get you some discussion, about changing the date in cumulus.ini to trick Cumulus to download logger data from an earlier date (depending on how far data is stored in the logger). I have not done this so can't give you any further information.

This is a link to the Cumulus FAQ https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/FAQ#C ... Cumulus.3F

EDIT:
This is another related FAQ https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/FAQ#I ... er_station

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm