Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus problems

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
TonyVee
Weather Station: Aercus R-NZ
Operating System: Windows 7

Cumulus problems

Post by TonyVee »

Hi,
I am using an Aercus R-NZ weather station from array out in garden. PC has Windows 7 and I am mainly using Eazyweather to record weather and upload to Weather Underground. No problems there. BUT, I much prefer Cumulus for the much better display of the weather. However, there are serious problems with it reguarding wind display. For instance, at the moment (08.20 16/1/19) it shows current wind at 765 miles per hour !!! If that were the case not only would the garden array have blown away and probably the house and town as well. I have tried uninstalling Cumulus and reinstalling it several times. Always the same problem. All other display parameters seem correct, just this silly wind strength problem. Any one got the answer ?
Best wishes.
Tony.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Cumulus problems

Post by mcrossley »

Can you zip up your diags folder and attach it please, then I'll take a look.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Have you selected the right Fine Offset station as the usual reason for wildly wrong readings is the wrong station is selected.
David
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Post by Super-T »

Perhaps a loose or bad cable connection from the anemometer?

Not a fan of Aercus as they give lots of data errors and disconnections. I've exchanged new but faulty aercus WS's before now. Consumers Guarantee Act.