Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Hosting @ Dreamhost

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Staffanstorp
Weather Station: WH1080 equivilent
Operating System: Win10/64

Hosting @ Dreamhost

Post by Staffanstorp »

Hi, after the final reminder from Steve, I started to setup a new hosted site at dreamhost.com as suggested. I have followed all the instructions on the wiki. However, I'm not able to get Cumulus to establish the FTP connection to upload files to dreamhost. When doing a webupdate, the popup window keeps saying: Connect Timeout
Checking in the ftplog, the timeout is followed by : FTPRequestDone ftpConnectAsync Errcode = 426 and FTP Connect Error, Error code = 426

I have no problems connecting to dreamhost via filezilla so the credentials are verified.

Some thoughts of what could be the problem (and where the instructions are not fully clear,) are:
1) The initial upload of the Cumulus files to dreamhost may have to be stored in a separate folder on dreamhost? In the picture https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/File:SiteBefore.png it seems as the files should be transfered to the root but doesn't dreamhost require it to be underneath the user name? In any case, what should be written in the field Directory (if any) on the Internet settings?

2) Could it be related to that dreamhost requires SFTP/port 22 and that the Cumulus application does not support this?

Any tips are highly appreciated as my site is down
/Magnus
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Hosting @ Dreamhost

Post by water01 »

Cumulus does not support SFTP. See the wiki https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/FAQ#H ... FTPS.29.3F
David
Staffanstorp

Post by Staffanstorp »

Thanks, that did the trick. Still have some issues with only text being shown but I will investigate this.

Again, thanks!
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Usually if you only see text you have not done this step correctly https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/Simpl ... ulus_1.x.y
David
Staffanstorp

Post by Staffanstorp »

Thanks, David. Much appreciated! Now solved :-)