Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Monthly log file not updating

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
GSV3MiaC
Weather Station: Fine Offset (ex Maplin)
Operating System: Win 7, Vista, XP, Android, etc.

Monthly log file not updating

Post by GSV3MiaC »

My Davis Vantage Vue has blown the (outdoor) temp/humidity sensor(s), which is a PITA since the whole sensor suite / wireless Xmitter is one unit, and expensive to replace .. however back on topic .. after this has happened it seems that Cumulus (1) is not writing to the monthly log file. I am still getting Wind and rain data, and Cumulus shows it has received updates from the station, but the graphs do not update and the monthly file is not being appended to.

If I stop cumulus, and the restart it, it does a 'catch up' and writes the missing monthly data, but then it stops updating it again. Is this related to the missing temp/humidity data somehow (the Vantage Vue desktop unit is showing me '-----' for the dead fields, although Cumulus seems to read them as -67.8c, and similar). I did turn off upload to WU/PWS (since I can't figure out how to just blank the temp/humidity data), but I don't expect that caused the problem

Yes, I know .. Cumulus 1 is history, but I expect someone can still answer the question. (No the file isn't locked. I can turn on debug log, but I'm not sure what to look for)
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Monthly log file not updating

Post by water01 »

I think your broken sensors are the problem see here https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/FAQ#C ... eb_uploads
David
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Yup - That's it.

Outdoor temp is a 'must have' else data is ignored ....
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
GSV3MiaC
Weather Station: Fine Offset (ex Maplin)
Operating System: Win 7, Vista, XP, Android, etc.

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Thanks guys, I was sure someone would know (I did a search and failed to find that wiki page!).
Guess I'll have to fudge the .ini line .. I'd like the rainfall and wind data logged (and the broken temp data is logged anyway, IF/WHEN I restart cumulus).