Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Thank you, Steve for 15 years of support

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Intheswamp
Weather Station: Davis VP2+
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Thank you, Steve for 15 years of support

Post by Intheswamp »

Wow, wow, wow.

I set up my little ol' weather station down here in south Alabama going on six years ago. I couldn't of done it without the patience of Steve and his help (along with others, of course), but Steve was the guy that actually got me up and running. Cumulus has been up and running since then on a little Dell D610 laptop. It is amazing how little interaction I have to have with the software...it's better than the Energizer Bunny...it just keeps going, and going, and going.

My hat is off to you, Steve. Retire, live your life to the fullest, I wish you and yours the *very best* in the future and may it be a long and healthy one!!! Remember that some where on the other side of this globe there's a Cumulus station that will run until it slap burns down!!! ...and there's probably hundreds (thousands?) more that your ideas and labor made possible. And you know something, it's not really the fact that we have weather stations up and running Cumulus that matters...it's the "gettin' there", the conversations, the encouragement, the mental challenges, the sharing of knowledge and ideas, all that makes a community that matters. You helped to create a pretty good neighborhood...you did good. Cheers.
Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4 Build 1079
WU - KALRUTLE2 // PWS - BEEWEATHER // CWOP - EW2927 // Weather-Cam
mullaghmeenw
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by mullaghmeenw »

Just to adding my agreement. I only got Cumulus set up earlier this year, but I think it's absolutely brilliant.
ICP963
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian

Post by ICP963 »

I found Cumulus back in 2013 and I have been so impressed with Steve's, and everyone else here on the forum, willingness to help with every kind of issue under the sun. The tireless work has not gone unnoticed and will not be forgotten.

Steve and Beth, enjoy whatever you choose to do and know that MANY people will continue to use this software for years to come. If the source code is released I can only hope that someone as capable as you will pick up and continue adding to your work but keeping your name proudly associated with this fine program.

Many thanks, and well done.
Roy Schahrer - N7QYK
Chandler, AZ
WX Station : Davis Vantage Vue with USB Datalogger
WX Computer: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B running Raspbian
Software : CumulusMX Beta 3041
uncle_bob
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: 2008

Post by uncle_bob »

All this talk of Cumulus being wound up get me a little tearey eyed. While I don't visit everyday like I used too, I still take a read at least once a week.
Thanks for the great software Steve, it's been brilliant and still is, and I'm still using V1 on my website (due to me liking the console look a little more). I do hope those small donations of mine over the years have at least brought you a few pints down the local.
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather
kapo
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by kapo »

Hi Steve
I hope You enjoy your retirement, You have earned it. I found this weather-hobby after my retirement in the end of 2012. Everything I have learned about this weather hobby I have found from this excellent software Cumulus and this forum. You, Steve have done brilliant work with Cumulus. I want to thank You and shake virtually Your hand… I cross my fingers and hands and hope someone could keep this forum "alive" in some way… Here is so much knowledge in this forum. It is so sad to everyone, if all these skills and knowledge will disappear.

Best regards Kapo from Finland
logjam
Weather Station: Homemade station on Raspberry Pi
Operating System: Raspbian on Raspberry Pi

Post by logjam »

Thank you Steve. It is very rare to find someone so willing to help and support users of their software. I can think of several occasions when I had problems that I really couldn't solve, and you were so quick in your reply, and all in a language that I could understand.

The way Cumulus writes and reads files has been a real insight for me into how they can be used to monitor and initialise software data. The use of tags in web pages, again, has been such an obviously useful technique. Cumulus has been a very helpful, practical introduction to the subject, and now files and tags feature occasionally in my own humble and limited software writing. I simply would not have known how to do it without your example.

Many thanks for everything. A happy and fulfilling retirement :clap:
Bridger
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 11 Home

Post by Bridger »

Thank you Steve, not only for Cumulus but also for the great support to so many in this community.
I wish you a long and happy retirement.
courtil
Weather Station: Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by courtil »

Hello STEVE,

Thank you STEVE for all those hours spent for us and availability for answers
Good retirement .

Michel says Courtil from FRANCE
Station Météo : Vantage PRO2
Cumulus MX 3.14.2 b3169
CumulusUtils
http://meteo621.free.fr/
courtil
Weather Station: Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by courtil »

Hello STEVE,

Thank you STEVE for all those hours spent for us and availability for answers
Good retirement .

Michel says Courtil from FRANCE
Station Météo : Vantage PRO2
Cumulus MX 3.14.2 b3169
CumulusUtils
http://meteo621.free.fr/
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Thank you Steve, for your time and effort and for your willingness to share your talent and help others. MY past 10 years would not have been the same without Cumulus and the folks on this forum.
Hope to see a post from Steve at some time in the future.

I wish all the best to you, and enjoy.
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

I would agree with all the messages posted so far. I would add one thing. But for Cumulus making it so easy to get into personal weather station set up and monitoring and making the results available on the web, I would not have started a hobby that has continued to fascinate me over the years and I hope with MX will continue to do so over the years to come.

Thank you very much for all your work over the years, good luck in your retirement and see you around. I think you will miss it. :D :D :D :D
David
sperry russ
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by sperry russ »

Thanks Steve for all your work and help. I got my first weather station in 2012 and found Cumulus soon after. I am still using Cumulus today (Version 1 at present) and it has always been stable running for months at at time.

Enjoy retirement! :)
philcdav
Weather Station: MyDEL WX2008 Mk2 Fine Offset
Operating System: XP and W7

Post by philcdav »

All good things must come to an end but you went out at the top.
Its been a very rewarding experience and I have learned so much including some humility and more patience.
I often wondered what your head was like when faced with some of my 'now obviously stupid' questions!
Good luck Steve and I hope your 'challenges' get surmounted.
Phil - G0DOR