Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Thank you, Steve for 15 years of support

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Thank you, Steve for 15 years of support

Post by sfws »

I am sure lots of people will want to record their thanks that Steve back in summer 2003 decided to share the software he was developing for his weather station in Wanlockhead. We all appreciate the huge amount of his time devoted to developing Cumulus 1, 2, and 3 in turn, and coping with the vast range of station models and enhancements that his fans have requested over the decade and a half. I am sure he never dreamt how much effort he would end up putting into his masterpieces (you may think that label unjustified, but I am sticking with it).

Finally, I won't be the only person who has been staggered at the amount of time Steve Loft has spent giving support in the forum to both the "clever" and the "fools" (and I include myself in the second category when I started although I believe he has helped me move into first category) people amongst the users of his software.

Three Cheers for Steve (and Beth where she has contributed, or given support), personal thanks from me, and I hope you enjoy a long retirement. Please quickly adapt to your new 'world' where you don't keep logging into this forum!

Not to downgrade any of the above, can I also thank other wiki and forum contributors who have helped me over the dozen years since I first discovered Cumulus and half a dozen years since I was brave enough to sign up to the forum. Finally, I will also record my thanks to those who have inspired me, encouraged me, advised me, sent me PMs, or taken an interest in my own contributions to wiki,to forum, and my scripts, and especially to those who bothered to say thank you to me over the years.
Last edited by sfws on Fri 26 Oct 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Thank you, Steve for 15 years of support

Post by mcrossley »

Agreed, thank you Steve, and enjoy your retirement from Cumulus, I sure it consumed almost as much time as the 'real' job! :beers:

Cumulus MX is working fine for me, it just chugs away and I'm sure it will continue to do so for many years without being touched.

It would be great to see the Wiki hosted somewhere else in the future, there's lot's of good info there, not least the web tags reference.
dazza1223
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
Operating System: Raspberry pi 4 (4gb)

Post by dazza1223 »

very sad news but good thing have to come to a end.. and steve u have been a star to me for geting me on my way with this all ive lent so much over the past 4 years you been a great help thank you

and like mark has said

it be good if it gets hosted again. i bet some ppl have book mark saved for back tracking web tag etc
Have fun and keep learning

dazza :D

https://www.davisworthing.co.uk

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

I echo the sentiments of others. I have always used Cumulus when owning a station that supports it as it has been the most intuitive software to use in my opinion.
All the best, Steve. :)

I have a forum myself, that I set up for fun. I did temporarily close it as I was busy due to the death of my father. I'm happy to get it back running again (not a complete clone of here) but for users to carry on chatting, posting weather scripts, discussing the weather, and anything else.. :P
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

I’d like to add my appreciation for all the help Steve has given me over nearly ten years. All good things come to an end but the closure of the forum will also be a blow. I suppose we can meet over at Wx.net.

My very best wishes to you and your good lady Steve. I hope you enjoy your retirement in France.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

rogerthn
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000/GW1003
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS bullseye aarch64

Post by rogerthn »

One more VERY happy Cumulus user for more than 10 years.
All the best!
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I still recall the first time I found sandaysoft.com/forum in 2008 and that was my first step in this hobby that I have enjoyed for over 10 years as well. My first post was Sep 28, 2008 at 8:16 pm our evening, and Steve's reply was 3:40 am following morning. A lot has been learned and enjoyed by so many here because of Steve and from this forum provided by Steve. Cumulus allowed me to participate in this hobby and I am forever grateful.

I trust there will be some form of continuance so that the things we old-timers have experienced and learned can be shared with others.

Steve, wishing you the best... and enjoy your retirement from Cumulus and may your future endeavours be whatever both of your hearts desire.

Sincerely,
PaulMy
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Post by forestedge »

Well done Steve, you deserve a "proper" retirement now :D

Thanks for developing and supporting such a great piece of software over the years. It has enabled us all to realise the full potential of our weather stations, whatever type, as well as helping us up a massive learning curve!

I hope forum members here will be able to carry on and support each other elsewhere in future.
Matt.j5b
Weather Station: Davis VP2/ WLL with DFARS
Operating System: RPi Raspbian (Buster)

Post by Matt.j5b »

Thank you Steve for all your hard work and support you provided to all us. While this is sad news to hear, hopefully the software and its information may continue to be available in some way. I have learned so much about the weather, weather stations and its data and website creation of which I very grateful of.

Steve do enjoy your retirement, you have definitely earned it. :)
Regards, Matt of Brisbane, Australia
Ferny Grove Weather
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

All of the above, plus more than words can say.

You deserve your retirement and I hope you will be able to look back at your 'Cumulus' years with a wry smile and no regrets.

Have fun in the Sun ! :D
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
BeaumarisWX
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Hades Canyon

Post by BeaumarisWX »

Dito beteljuice,
Thanks Steve, Greatly Appreciated,
Kind Regards,
Tony Beaumaris, Tasmania (AUS)

CMX Mobile : https://beaumaris-weather.com/BWX/
CMX Default: https://beaumaris-weather.com/cumulusmx_default/
Colour Dashboard : https://beaumaris-weather.com/dashborad_color.php
Click below for Saratoga Template :
nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by nitrx »

Wow thats bad news I still did visit the wiki and forum to lookup things. On the other hand I can understand your decision Steve. I wish you good luck and thanks for all the efforts !

-Ron
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Post by saratogaWX »

I am pleased that Steve has decided to take retirement, and may it be a long and enjoyable time for him.

I've offered to host the Wiki (and anything else he finds suitable) in a PM to Steve. I'll let you know what he decides.

Thanks Steve for your excellent software and your patient and helpful support all these years. You have definitely earned a retirement!

Best regards,
Ken
apple8
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by apple8 »

Not being great with words, I echo the thoughts of those above. Thanks for the support and great software that just works so well and reliably for me, one of the best things I have found on net!

All the best and enjoy your retirement.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

steve wrote:Thank you to everyone for your loyalty, kind words, and help over the years.

I will make the SQL database for the forum available for download once it closes. I will make the SQL database for the wiki available for download.
saratogaWX wrote:I've offered to host the Wiki
It is the initial contributor to this topic again...
Ken, you are a star, too, for that offer. I was pleased to see Steve was going to make the databases available for download, but if Wiki is going to be online again I can continue to have the feeling that my small contribution to it was useful. Thank you, Ken.
I contributed to the wiki first on 27 November 2012 (after Steve kindly fixed the registration problem) and am amazed to discover today that nearly 1,500 edits of it have been credited to me. Obviously the majority of those were minor (some were correcting mistakes I made), and most often I was only making Steve's words of wisdom in the forum available in a slightly more structured gathering in the Wiki, or updating the efforts of others as Cumulus enhancements were released.

EDITs: Since contributing above, I have learnt that Ken will be hosting the Wiki, but Steve is negeotiating with someone other than Ken to host this Support Forum in the future. See http://www.wxforum.net for my source.

Mark Crossley is making a quick update of Wiki to also cover final Cumulus MX beta installation and operating aspects before Steve transfers Wiki, and Mark tells me he will be able to continue his ability to log in as Wiki administrator after the move.
Last edited by sfws on Tue 30 Oct 2018 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.