Welcome to the new home of the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3044 7 December 2018. See the Wiki for download

Error log dayfile.txt

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section and its subforums are the main place to get help with Cumulus. Anything which is not specific to the type of weather station goes in here; for anything specific to a type of weather station, please use the appropriate subforum. Use the 'website development' section for any questions relating to creating or running a web site for Cumulus data. Discussion of the stations themselves in these sections is fine.
EA3GYL
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue unwired
Operating System: Windows 10 Home Premium x64

Error log dayfile.txt

Post by EA3GYL » Wed 24 Oct 2018 5:01 pm

Hola, cada vez que inicio Cumulus aparece ventana de error diciendo que el punto como decimal no es válido, por lo que debo corregirlo editando el archivo dayfile.txt. Como es sabido ese fichero solo muestra los datos hasta el dia anterior. Y cuando lo edito, solo observo que todo está correctamente con su coma decimal en donde corresponde (temperatura, etc). Pero, luego veo que la lluvia total solo marca el total hasta el día de ayer, cosa que no ocurría nunca antes. He vuelto a descargar de WeatherLink la actualización para mi estación Davis Vantage Vue, que es de donde obtengo los datos para Cumulus.
Me podrían indicar qué debo hacer para corregir esos dos fallos.
Muchas gracias

laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Re: Error log dayfile.txt

Post by laulau » Wed 24 Oct 2018 7:38 pm

Hello,
You will be more likely to have an answer if you make your request in English! 8-)
Laurent

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2+ w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Post by PaulMy » Wed 24 Oct 2018 7:45 pm

I looked at it with translation (which was very good by the way), but still didn't have an answer, sorry.

Enjoy,
Paul

sfws
Weather Station: Customised mix of Fine Offset
Operating System: Tempermental Win. 10 PC

Post by sfws » Sun 28 Oct 2018 4:18 am

EA3GYL wrote:Hola, cada vez que inicio Cumulus aparece ventana de error diciendo que el punto como decimal no es válido, por lo que debo corregirlo editando el archivo dayfile.txt. Como es sabido ese fichero solo muestra los datos hasta el dia anterior. Y cuando lo edito, solo observo que todo está correctamente con su coma decimal en donde corresponde (temperatura, etc).
Hello, every time I start Cumulus error window appears saying that the point as decimal is not valid, so I must correct it by editing the file dayfile.txt. As it is known that file only shows the data until the previous day. And when I edit it, I just observe that everything is correctly with its decimal point where it corresponds (temperature, etc).
If you had attached a copy of your "dayfile.txt", it might be easier to diagnose the error. If Cumulus is saying there is a problem with the decimal point, then either it cannot detect the end of one field and the start of the next; or it cannot recognise the symbol you use to represent the decimal place.
In either case, it is the way you have set-up your windows 10 computer. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... at#p110617 for a issue similar to yours.
Si ha adjuntado una copia de su "dayfile.txt", podría ser más fácil diagnosticar el error. Si Cumulus dice que hay un problema con el punto decimal, entonces o [/ b] no puede detectar el final de un campo y el comienzo del siguiente; o [/ b] no puede reconocer el símbolo que usas para representar el lugar decimal.
En cualquier caso, es la forma en que configuró su computadora con Windows 10. Consulte http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic. ... f=2&t=2566 that used to be in the header area has been replaced by the 'IMPORTANT' message, but that post explains how to attach a zip of the diagnostic files before asking for help. Without the diagnostic files, I can only guess that the problem with the "dayfile.txt " has prevented Cumulus recognising that the day has changed, and that is the cause of your second error.
Debido a que este foro se cerrará pronto, el enlace a http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic. ... google.com.