Welcome to the new home of the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3044 7 December 2018. See the Wiki for download

32701 error

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section and its subforums are the main place to get help with Cumulus. Anything which is not specific to the type of weather station goes in here; for anything specific to a type of weather station, please use the appropriate subforum. Use the 'website development' section for any questions relating to creating or running a web site for Cumulus data. Discussion of the stations themselves in these sections is fine.
Altocumulus
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat 18 May 2013 1:58 pm
Weather Station: Davis pro vue+
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Location: NE Scotland

Re: 32701 error

Post by Altocumulus » Sun 16 Sep 2018 6:33 am

mcrossley wrote:A wild stab... You don't have Cumulus set to automatically start in some way do you? And a copy is starting up in the background every time you start the computer?

Now that's a thought, as I do have Cumulus start automatically. But looking at Task Manager, only one instance is running and only one set of associated processes.

Altocumulus
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat 18 May 2013 1:58 pm
Weather Station: Davis pro vue+
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Location: NE Scotland

Re: 32701 error

Post by Altocumulus » Sun 16 Sep 2018 10:22 am

:groan: :bash: :groan:


Good job I didn't start this with much hair on my head, 'cos it's getting thinner by the second.

Netbook, 9 years old, used 'til now for showing a copy of my website - last updated by Win7 2 years ago - took 18 hours to catchup with updates!

WL runs and accepts the data logger (driver dated 2015).

Cumulus runs and sends out to Met Office - though I bet I've lost my Gold Star for the year :D
However it's not updating my website. Files are being generated as normal but the SCP script isn't transmitting for some reason.

CumulusMX will not find the device - so I've got to try and work that one out.

I've given up on the original PC - it's running happily with two non-weather data loggers so whatever WIn7 update did, it only affected the Davis Logger :chinscratch:

Thanks everyone for your support, patience and ideas.....

Altocumulus
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat 18 May 2013 1:58 pm
Weather Station: Davis pro vue+
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Location: NE Scotland

Re: 32701 error

Post by Altocumulus » Sun 16 Sep 2018 1:27 pm

Still no joy on website update. Have done a 'fresh' install of WINSCP - it didn't give a choice on where to save it, I'm sure originally I had the choice and the suggestions were to load it into the Cumulus folder?

Edit: Sorted after reading through this thread : http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... CP#p131200

CumulusMX, another step forward; for some reason it was trying to connect via COM7, despite ini file saying COM3, but another copy of the ini file from Cumulus allowed access and some success - but then it errors on what looks to be network access? Firewall (Windows) off.

User avatar
ConligWX
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon 19 May 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: MeteoBridge Nano SD
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: 32701 error

Post by ConligWX » Tue 18 Sep 2018 7:52 am

you'll probably need to run the wcp script in a command prompt and see what the error is or turn on logging with winscp.com

Code: Select all

Usage:
WinSCP [/script=file] [/command cmd1...] [/parameter // param1...]
WinSCP [/log=<logfile> [/loglevel=<level>]] [/logsize=[<count>*]<size>]
WinSCP [/xmllog=<logfile> [/xmlgroups]]
WinSCP [/ini=<inifile>]
WinSCP [/rawconfig config1=value1 config2=value2 ...]
WinSCP /batchsettings <site_mask> setting1=value1 setting2=value2 ...
WinSCP /keygen keyfile [/output=output] [/changepassphrase] [/comment=comment]
WinSCP /help

 /script=       Executes batch script file. If the script does not end with
                'exit' command, normal interactive mode follows.
 /command       Executes list of script commands.
 /parameter     Passes list of parameters to script.
 /log=          Turns on session logging to file.
 /loglevel=     Logging level (0..2), add * to enable password logging.
 /logsize=      Enables log rotation and optionally deleting of old logs.
 /xmllog=       Turns on XML logging to file.
 /xmlgroups     Group all XML log elements belonging to the same command.
 /ini=          Path to configuration INI-file.
 /rawconfig     Configures any settings using raw format as in an INI file.
 /batchsettings Updates settings of sites matching a mask using a raw format
                as in an INI file.
 /keygen        Converts private key to .ppk format or edits key. Use /output=
                to specify output file. Use /changepassphrase to change or set
                passphrase. Use /comment= to change or set comment.
 /help          Prints this usage.

 
so use /log=<logfile> in the command line. put a real filename in where <logfile> is. also make sure "winscp.com" is used and you dont just call winscp as this could call winscp.exe and then break the script.

can you post your winscp command line your using?
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus - Meteobrige Nano SD + Saratoga/PWS Templates

Altocumulus
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat 18 May 2013 1:58 pm
Weather Station: Davis pro vue+
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Location: NE Scotland

Re: 32701 error

Post by Altocumulus » Tue 18 Sep 2018 7:58 am

Toxic17 wrote:you'll probably need to run the wcp script in a command prompt and see what the error is or turn on logging with winscp.com

Code: Select all

Usage:
WinSCP [/script=file] [/command cmd1...] [/parameter // param1...]
WinSCP [/log=<logfile> [/loglevel=<level>]] [/logsize=[<count>*]<size>]
WinSCP [/xmllog=<logfile> [/xmlgroups]]
WinSCP [/ini=<inifile>]
WinSCP [/rawconfig config1=value1 config2=value2 ...]
WinSCP /batchsettings <site_mask> setting1=value1 setting2=value2 ...
WinSCP /keygen keyfile [/output=output] [/changepassphrase] [/comment=comment]
WinSCP /help

 /script=       Executes batch script file. If the script does not end with
                'exit' command, normal interactive mode follows.
 /command       Executes list of script commands.
 /parameter     Passes list of parameters to script.
 /log=          Turns on session logging to file.
 /loglevel=     Logging level (0..2), add * to enable password logging.
 /logsize=      Enables log rotation and optionally deleting of old logs.
 /xmllog=       Turns on XML logging to file.
 /xmlgroups     Group all XML log elements belonging to the same command.
 /ini=          Path to configuration INI-file.
 /rawconfig     Configures any settings using raw format as in an INI file.
 /batchsettings Updates settings of sites matching a mask using a raw format
                as in an INI file.
 /keygen        Converts private key to .ppk format or edits key. Use /output=
                to specify output file. Use /changepassphrase to change or set
                passphrase. Use /comment= to change or set comment.
 /help          Prints this usage.

 
so use /log=<logfile> in the command line. put a real filename in where <logfile> is. also make sure "winscp.com" is used and you dont just call winscp as this could call winscp.exe and then break the script.

can you post your winscp command line your using?
Many thanks Simon, that's useful for the next time!

I did edit my original message to say I'd got it working. I took a lazy way out, uninstalled the existing, and replaced it with a new copy. I guess somewhere the server key was 'locked' from the original PC.

User avatar
ConligWX
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon 19 May 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: MeteoBridge Nano SD
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: 32701 error

Post by ConligWX » Tue 18 Sep 2018 8:05 am

if you get this issues again after a windows update then just uninstall the windows update.

ALso make sure you have a good restore point now, and make a cold backup too.

Macrium Reflect is an excellent free backup tool much faster than Acronis.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus - Meteobrige Nano SD + Saratoga/PWS Templates

Altocumulus
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat 18 May 2013 1:58 pm
Weather Station: Davis pro vue+
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Location: NE Scotland

Re: 32701 error

Post by Altocumulus » Tue 18 Sep 2018 11:18 am

Toxic17 wrote:if you get this issues again after a windows update then just uninstall the windows update.

ALso make sure you have a good restore point now, and make a cold backup too.

Macrium Reflect is an excellent free backup tool much faster than Acronis.
Thank you Simon - Actually I use Allway Sync Pro - and it's been superb program to use. Yes, it only copies files - but it's always given me an opportunity to re-fresh the programs on my laptops/PCs, and allowed for installation of new laptops.....

User avatar
dazza1223
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun 25 Jan 2015 8:41 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: raspberry pi 3 +
Location: worthing
Contact:

Re: 32701 error

Post by dazza1223 » Wed 19 Sep 2018 4:04 pm

hi i have a iso off the WeatherLink 6.0.3 if any one need it
have fun and keep learning

dazza :D

Altocumulus
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat 18 May 2013 1:58 pm
Weather Station: Davis pro vue+
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Location: NE Scotland

Re: 32701 error

Post by Altocumulus » Wed 19 Sep 2018 4:07 pm

dazza1223 wrote:hi i have a iso off the WeatherLink 6.0.3 if any one need it
Sorry, iso?

User avatar
dazza1223
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun 25 Jan 2015 8:41 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: raspberry pi 3 +
Location: worthing
Contact:

Re: 32701 error

Post by dazza1223 » Wed 19 Sep 2018 4:11 pm

so u can burn it to a disk or you can have a zip file
have fun and keep learning

dazza :D

Altocumulus
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat 18 May 2013 1:58 pm
Weather Station: Davis pro vue+
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Location: NE Scotland

Re: 32701 error

Post by Altocumulus » Wed 19 Sep 2018 4:14 pm

dazza1223 wrote:so u can burn it to a disk or you can have a zip file
Ah - sorry - that's OK - I managed to find my copy of weatherlink and used that.

Thank you though...

User avatar
dazza1223
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun 25 Jan 2015 8:41 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: raspberry pi 3 +
Location: worthing
Contact:

Re: 32701 error

Post by dazza1223 » Wed 19 Sep 2018 4:15 pm

o ok mate what ther weather up there like?
have fun and keep learning

dazza :D

Altocumulus
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat 18 May 2013 1:58 pm
Weather Station: Davis pro vue+
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Location: NE Scotland

Re: 32701 error

Post by Altocumulus » Wed 19 Sep 2018 4:20 pm

dazza1223 wrote:o ok mate what ther weather up there like?
Currently sunny! But breezy, though the figures don't feel correct sometimes. We've had a few squalls but nothing unusual.....

craigdamwx.info

User avatar
dazza1223
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun 25 Jan 2015 8:41 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: raspberry pi 3 +
Location: worthing
Contact:

Re: 32701 error

Post by dazza1223 » Wed 19 Sep 2018 4:23 pm

o so ur not in the eye off the storm

have u got a website so i take a look
have fun and keep learning

dazza :D

Altocumulus
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat 18 May 2013 1:58 pm
Weather Station: Davis pro vue+
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Location: NE Scotland

Re: 32701 error

Post by Altocumulus » Wed 19 Sep 2018 4:26 pm

dazza1223 wrote:o so ur not in the eye off the storm

have u got a website so i take a look
Yep - it's the one I posted in the last comment - missing the www etc!

Post Reply