Good job I didn't start this with much hair on my head, 'cos it's getting thinner by the second.
Netbook, 9 years old, used 'til now for showing a copy of my website - last updated by Win7 2 years ago - took 18 hours to catchup with updates!
WL runs and accepts the data logger (driver dated 2015).
Cumulus runs and sends out to Met Office - though I bet I've lost my Gold Star for the year
However it's not updating my website. Files are being generated as normal but the SCP script isn't transmitting for some reason.
CumulusMX will not find the device - so I've got to try and work that one out.
I've given up on the original PC - it's running happily with two non-weather data loggers so whatever WIn7 update did, it only affected the Davis Logger :chinscratch:
Thanks everyone for your support, patience and ideas.....