Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Error Log

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
dashwood
Weather Station: Oregon
Operating System: Windows 10

Error Log

Post by dashwood »

Since the installation of the latest Corel Word Perfect X8 the error log appears each time I start the Cumulus. It lists endless lines, for example:
2018-04-24 19:15:22 : Error plotting charts at line 644 of dayfile.txt: '23,8' is not a valid floating point value
2018-04-24 19:15:22 : Please correct the error by editing dayfile.txt
and it will no longer read records before Word Perfect installation.
Otherwise the program appears to running perfectly.
. and not , is selected in the Regional Settings.

1] I have no idea what editing to carry out; hopefully someone can help.
2] Can I gain access to the historic records; especially of interest would be the lows and highs plus incorporating them into the current records.

I have kept the detail to a minimum and hope this isn't too little.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Error Log

Post by sfws »

dashwood wrote:Corel Word Perfect X8
I'm unsure what "word perfect" has to do with "Cumulus".
dashwood wrote:dayfile.txt: '23,8' is not a valid floating point value
dashwood wrote:. and not , is selected in the Regional Settings
However, the error is clear enough, in your dayfile at line 644 you have some digits with a comma separating the integer and decimal parts of a number, but Cumulus is expecting floating point numbers in different format (it should be 23.8 with a full-stop between the integer and decimal parts because that is how you have set the separator in your settings).
If you examine your dayfile in any plain text editor (not your word perfect) or a "CSV" editor, line 644 will look different to the previous lines, I am guessing but maybe it is shorter due to some corruption.

There is information about editing the log file in the Wiki.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Error Log

Post by water01 »

As Corel a word processor it is important that it gets the Regional Settings correct, so are you sure that Corel has not changed your default Regional settings during the install. Did it for instance ask you for a time zone or Country in which case it has probably changed your default user account to a decimal , rather a decimal . (point). I would check all the settings for "All Users" etc.

I would check that thoroughly before editing the file.
David