Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

How to buy the data Protocol through USB HID to input Cumulus or Easy weather or weather link PC Software

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
weather123
Weather Station: WS-2095
Operating System: windows XP

How to buy the data Protocol through USB HID to input Cumulus or Easy weather or weather link PC Software

Post by weather123 »

How to buy the data Protocol through USB HID to input Cumulus or Easy weather or weather link PC Software.
Because our weather station data want send to free Cumulus PC Software display through USB HID .
Thank you very much.
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Re: How to buy the data Protocol through USB HID to input Cumulus or Easy weather or weather link PC Software

Post by BigOkie »

Just how many times are you going to ask the same question? You won't get the answer here.
weather123

Re: How to buy the data Protocol through USB HID to input Cumulus or Easy weather or weather link PC Software

Post by weather123 »

is the data protocol through USB HID to Cumulus PC software input don't open ? Our weather station product want to use this software.
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Post by BigOkie »

Please stop. In a different thread where you essentially asked the same question, the author of Cumulus said this:
They have been emailing me repeatedly with this question, and it now looks like they are going to start spamming the forum. I tried to explain to them what you have told them in this thread, that there is no Cumulus protocol, the station 'owns' the protocol. I finally told them I would no longer be replying to their many emails.

As I understand it, they want to manufacture a new station but use an existing USB HID protocol, and one which works with Cumulus. So that would be either Fine Offset or Oregon Scientific. It seems to me that they need to ask those manufacturers for the details of their protocol, and permission to use it. Good luck with that
Stop. Please.
weather123

Post by weather123 »

you say "need to ask those manufacturers for the details of their protocol" I already send email to cumulus manufacturers ask Cumulus PC software USB HID input protocol (parameter value format)but reply is no this protocol .if the cumulus software no USB protocol ,so other brand weather station product how to use the cumulus free PC software ? because I should contact whom get or buy the Cumulus PC Software input protocol document?
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

weather123 wrote:you say "need to ask those manufacturers for the details of their protocol" I already send email to cumulus manufacturers ask Cumulus PC software USB HID input protocol (parameter value format)but reply is no this protocol .if the cumulus software no USB protocol ,so other brand weather station product how to use the cumulus free PC software ? because I should contact whom get or buy the Cumulus PC Software input protocol document?

Even google translate cant be this bad at English? weather123, you have asked and either got no reply or have been told no. You have also been asked to stop this constant obsession asking in these forums. you have your answers so stop before a Moderator or two start blocking you.

Just look at the facts...

you are not getting the answer/results you want from these forums so try elsewhere. There are numerous free Weather Station software out there.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

weather123 wrote:you say "need to ask those manufacturers for the details of their protocol" I already send email to cumulus manufacturers ask Cumulus PC software USB HID input protocol (parameter value format)but reply is no this protocol .if the cumulus software no USB protocol ,so other brand weather station product how to use the cumulus free PC software ? because I should contact whom get or buy the Cumulus PC Software input protocol document?
I am not sure why you do not understand this but I will try once more to explain.

Cumulus DOES NOT HAVE A PROTOCOL TO READ FROM A USB PORT. It uses the protocol made available either publically or privately to Steve by the MANUFACTURERS OF THE VARIOUS WEATHER STATIONS.

I believe that the protocol used by Davis and Fine Offset stations is publically available via the internet if you search or ask the manufacturers of the appropriate weather stations. I know this is true of Davis stations as the WeatherDuino Pro2 build your own project uses a Davis protocol and I presume Fine Offset if asked will provide the protocol used in Easyweather etc.

As I remember I think for the Oregon and La Crosse equipment Steve was supplied with a outline protocol and a test station by the Manufacturer and worked it out from there.

So you will have to do the same but probably the easiest idea is to emulate the Davis protocol, as the WeatherDuino Pro2 project does, and then most weather station software publically available will be able to talk to your homebuilt weather station.

Sorry if that is not the answer you want but as Toxic17 says you are now officially warned that any more spamming of the forum on this subject will result in the Topic being deleted.
David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Do it properly and use the "documented" Davis serial protocol?

Google: davis vantage pro2 serial protocol
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

mcrossley wrote:Do it properly and use the "documented" Davis serial protocol?

Google: davis vantage pro2 serial protocol
http://bfy.tw/BCei :lol:
Regards Simon

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

weather123

Post by weather123 »

I just use USB tools monitor Cumulus PC Software to buy a weather station communication and analysis then from our ARM send dummy weather data into Cumulus PC software already preliminary success display.
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

Forum Troll Alert!

Someone please close this thread :groan:
Regards Simon