Welcome to the new home of the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See the Wiki for download

Cumulus Toolbox - upload problem

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section and its subforums are the main place to get help with Cumulus. Anything which is not specific to the type of weather station goes in here; for anything specific to a type of weather station, please use the appropriate subforum. Use the 'website development' section for any questions relating to creating or running a web site for Cumulus data. Discussion of the stations themselves in these sections is fine.
colinpb
Weather Station: VP2+SHT31+DFars+Solar+AeroCone
Operating System: Windows 10

Cumulus Toolbox - upload problem

Post by colinpb » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:49 am

I am using the Sandysoft web hosting service and I have installed toolbox without the php webtags as I just need to upload files. However I cannot for the life of me get the uploads working.

In the FTP upload section I have tried the following, none of which work, all return error 550.

http://www.hemelhempsteadweather.me.uk/ ... ayfile.txt
www/Dayfiledata/dayfile.txt
/Dayfiledata/dayfile.txt – this works but only as execute now manual upload from within toolbox.

Suggestions would be appreciated

Colin

PS I am having a similar problem with Remote Commands to upload ImportCumulusFile.php, but I will post on that when I get 5 minutes

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus Toolbox - upload problem

Post by steve » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:42 am

I don't know what settings Toolbox takes from the Cumulus.ini file (but apparently it takes the login details) but assuming it doesn't use any path information, then

www/Dayfiledata/dayfile.txt

would be the correct remote path.

I can see an upload for that file once a day for the last four days, without any errors, and I can't see any 550 errors in the ftp log at all. It's been uploaded at about 4 am for the last two nights.

I'm afraid I know very little about Toolbox. Does it have any ftp logging? If your reason to run Toolbox is just to upload files once a day, have you considered using the 'daily command' in Cumulus instead? http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Upload_Dayfile
Steve

colinpb
Weather Station: VP2+SHT31+DFars+Solar+AeroCone
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Cumulus Toolbox - upload problem

Post by colinpb » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Thank you Steve, but that also returns an error. However /Dayfiledata/dayfile.txt – works but only as execute now manual upload from within toolbox.

As toolbox is able to negotiate access by to my website via manual upload but not automatically, i suspect toolbox doesn't work with windows 10.

Colin