Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

V.1.7.11

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: V.1.7.11

Post by steve »

Cumulus just looks for gaugesT.htm as one of the standard files to process, so you only need it to be in the right place (in the 'web' folder) and have the 'include standard files' box ticked in the internet settings.

The update interval is currently hard wired at 3 seconds in the Flash application, i.e. it reads the realtime.txt file every 3 seconds, but the upload interval in Cumulus is configurable to anything you want. You can either leave it set to the default 3 seconds, or maybe adjust it to the wind update frequency of your weather station - possibly 12 or 14 seconds for the WMR-928. The anemometer (and just about everything else) on my WMR-928 is broken, otherwise I could check.

Steve
Steve
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by gwheelo »

OK - up and running. http://www.wheelocknet.net/cumulus/now.htm . Your code will not render in Firefox 3.0. When I loaded your gaugesT.htm in Dreamweaver and it gave me the message that some <object> tags would not work with later versions of IE (which is incorrect as it worked right out of the box with IE 7. However Dreamweaver said it could correct the code. When I said yes, it made its changes and generated a file called "AC_RunActiveContent" with instructions to upload it to the website. I did that and I now have your gauges running for Firefox and IE.

Do you wish me to send you the new page code and the AC_RunActiveContent.js code for review.

By the way - is there any way I might be able to remove the grey background from the wind rose.

GW
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I don't really understand that. I'm using Firefox 3, and sanday.org.uk doesn't have the AC_RunActiveContent.js file. It all seems to work fine for me exactly as it is, in FF2, FF3, IE6 and IE7. And Safari 3 on the Mac.

The wind rose background is (should be) the same colour as whatever you have the background set to in Cumulus. The uploaded version is just a grab of the gauge as it appears in Cumulus, so changing it is a bit tricky. Let me think about it...

Steve
Steve
gwheelo

Post by gwheelo »

Well - you can always plan on my system to work differently than any other system around.

I see where to set the background color on the console - but, of course, there is no no colore (transparent) which might not work very well for the console.

I think everything is great - my wish list at this point is a needle-like indicator on the speed and direction dials, a matching windrose instrument (no need for near real-time), and the ability to display with a transparent background.

GW
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

So does http://sanday.org.uk/weather/gauges.htm not render properly on your system?

The background on the wind rose issue is really annoying, because that one is actually transparent! For some reason, the routine that saves the image also saves the background from the window itself. I can't work it out.
a needle-like indicator on the speed and direction dials
Yes, no problem.
a matching windrose instrument (no need for near real-time)
When you say "matching", you mean matching these two Flash ones?
display with a transparent background
Including the Flash ones?

Steve
Steve
gwheelo

Post by gwheelo »

Yes - displays perfectly - just another temporary glitch on my end - never beleive any of my problems are yours until at least two other users report the same.

Yes - I would like the wind rose to match the style of the flast dials. And, yes, transparant backgrounds for the flash dials, if possible - at least outside the round dial - inside they will look equally nice they way they are now inside the round dial.

GW
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I've been experimenting with the Flash - see http://sanday.org.uk/weather/gauges.htm

I've made the application background transparent and set the background colour in the html to white. But I seem to have some sort of gradient thing going on. Oh well, it's progress of a sort.

Steve
Steve
gwheelo

Post by gwheelo »

Yes - it is getting better and better with each iteration.

GW
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I've managed to get the SWF application and the html wrapper to have a transparent background (see http://sanday.org.uk/weather/gauges.htm). I've made the update period configurable via the html wrapper, and I've created a web tag so that the SWF period can automatically be the same as the Cumulus update period. All of this is changeable to suit individual taste by editing the html wrapper.

I've tried to get the non-flash gauges to be uploaded with transparent backgrounds, but it's proving difficult. I may continue trying later. Making the wind rose look like the flash gauges is very hard as they are generated using two completely different technologies, so I probably won't be able to do that.

So basically I think I'm finished playing with gauges for now and these will be the ones in the next release.

Steve
Steve
gwheelo

Post by gwheelo »

It looks terrific Steve. I can't wait. You deserve a break from the instruments.

GW
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I really wish I could make those static ones transparent. But I have other plans...

Steve
Steve