Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Traduction French Interface PC

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
MichelG
Weather Station: Oregon WMR 928 NX

Traduction French Interface PC

Post by MichelG »

Bonjour

Je recherche de l'aide pour traduire en Français, l'interface PC du logiciel, (la traduction des pages WEB étant déja éffectuée)
J'aurais besoin d'aide pour valider les traductions déja éffectuées, et traduire certaines expressions (par exemple "Close on Suspend")
ci joint copie écran de la page d'accueil commencée à etre traduite pour voir à quoi peut ressemble la localisation du logiciel
Cordialement
MichelG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Re: Traduction French Interface PC

Post by laulau »

Bonjour,

Je suis utilisateur français de Cumulus, je ne savais pas qu'il était possible de traduire l'interface, comment fait-on ?

Laurent
Laurent

aeropic
Weather Station: WH1080

Post by aeropic »

Bonjour Michel et Laurent,

Pas de pb pour traduire ce qui manque. par contre, tout comme Laurent, je ne suis pas arrivé à trouver les clés de traduction. Faut-il passer par la base de registre ?

Pour "close on suspend" je dirais "fermer à la mise en veille"

Le plus simple c'est de me passer un fichier avec la liste des clés à traduire par MP

A+
Alain

PS : pour moi, ce qui serait le plus intéressant ce serait de traduire les messages que cumulus utilise dans les pages web (prévision météo, phases de la lune, type de vent ...) pour éviter de retrouver une "gentle breeze" sur une page en fr :roll:
weather station weatherwise WH1080
http://aeropic.free.fr/meteo
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

This is presumably being done by using a hex editor on the executable. Please note that I cannot allow you to distribute copies of the edited executable, nor can I offer any support to anyone using an executable modified like this. Sorry.
Steve
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Code: Select all

PS : pour moi, ce qui serait le plus intéressant ce serait de traduire les messages que cumulus utilise dans les pages web (prévision météo, phases de la lune, type de vent ...) pour éviter de retrouver une "gentle breeze" sur une page en fr 
It is possible to do it with Javascript. I am trying several variations at the moment (So it's not guaranteed to work, nor be the same tomorrow :roll:

beteljuice experiment
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

MichelG

I personally think this is out of order and is not acceptable. Steve may well release his product free of charge, and only seek donations, but this does not give anyone the right to make fundamental modifications to the application, components, or runtime files.

As the author, Steve retains all copyright and intellectual property rights over his code AND interface

No other software firm would tollerate this and you would have a lawsuit on your hands!
---
Je pense personnellement que cela est épouvantable et inacceptable. Steve sort son produit gratuitement, et ne demander des dons, mais cela ne donne à personne le droit d'apporter des modifications fondamentales à l'application, les composants ou les fichiers exécutables.

Comme l'auteur, Steve conserve tous les droits d'auteur et les droits de propriété intellectuelle sur son code et l'interface

Aucun cabinet d'autres logiciels serait tollerate cela et vous auriez un litige sur vos mains!

:evil:
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

To be fair, I have a feeling that Michel may have asked my permission to do this, but I misunderstood what he was asking and gave my permission. If I had understood correctly I would not have. But I can't find the email now...

Edit: I've looked again and can only find an email from someone asking if they could translate the web pages, which is a different matter altogether, and of course I have no issue with that.
Steve
aeropic
Weather Station: WH1080

Post by aeropic »

Steve,

No problem, I cancel my proposal to help if translating the MMI or the internal messages is not allowed.
Should you want to provide multilanguage support in C2, I'm ready to help for the french part.

Alain
weather station weatherwise WH1080
http://aeropic.free.fr/meteo
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Thanks, Alain. It's not that I really have any 'legal' objections to what Michel is doing, it's just that supporting unofficial 'hacked' versions is not something I can do.
Steve
risiss
Weather Station: Thermor 265nc

Post by risiss »

Dommage pour la traduction francaise car bon nombre d'utilisateur de cumulus ,francais (de langue) aimeraient bien avoir une version francaise car c'est un tres bon petit logiciel et tres simple d'utilisation comparer a Weather Display qui lui est assez lourd et long a configurer...par contre ,multilangue et editable a plusieurs endroits mais non gratuit!.Plusieurs ont montrer de l'interet a aider a traduire le logiciel,moi le premier.Steve a montrer de l'interet a une version multilangue de Cumulus2 ...Personnellement,et je tiens a le preciser,la version2 de cumulus ne m'attire pas dutout!(pour l'instant)Ce n'est pas tout le monde qui sont bilingue et ont la facilitee d'apprendre d'autres langues. Steve offre un tres grand support a son logiciel,avec ses reponses rapides et son aide et je lui leve mon chapeau la dessus car il est le seul avec weather display a faire des mises a jour logiciel regulierement...la derniere MAJ de VWS remonte a Janvier!...FreeWX,2005!Weather View 32...aucune idee,non indiqué.

Pour l'instant ,mon logiciel meteo principal est weather display pour mon site web et j'ouvre Cumulus de temps en temps pour metrtre a jour la base de donnees.Sur mon site,je donne 3 exemple de logiciel meteo,weather display,cumulus et vws pour que les gens puissent voir la difference entre les logiciels
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

risiss wrote:Personnellement,et je tiens a le preciser,la version2 de cumulus ne m'attire pas dutout!
You don't like Cumulus 2?
Steve
risiss

Post by risiss »

well ,its not that i DONT like v2 steve,i prefer the v1 for the mainscreen, its more readable...easyer to read than in the V2,too small and numbers hard to read.The graphs in V2 are just great...fantastic...

here ,im talking about what I would have done on the V1.

incorporate the V2 graphs in V1,those one are easy to read...
replace the dials of V1 with the ones in the dial tab (the large ones)of V2
and continue upgrading the V1 with small things and more webtags.

i understand that V2 is very young and still at an alpha release but what i dont understand is why change a software that was and still going great for one that is running with a different style of engine and taking a lot of your time and start all over again .as you know ,i dont know anything about programming and dont wanna start any kind of war about it,i hope you understand what im trying to explain...

cheers
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

risiss wrote:well ,its not that i DONT like v2 steve,i prefer the v1 for the mainscreen, its more readable...easyer to read than in the V2,too small and numbers hard to read.
On my display, Cumulus 2 is much easier to read than Cumulus 1. Mine looks very similar to this: http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/index.php?ti ... s2_screens. Anyway, eventually the fonts and colours will be configurable.
what i dont understand is why change a software that was and still going great for one that is running with a different style of engine and taking a lot of your time and start all over again .as you know ,i dont know anything about programming and dont wanna start any kind of war about it,i hope you understand what im trying to explain...
The main reasons:

1. Cumulus 1 is 'creaking at the seams'. It was never intended to become what it is, and it's become much too hard to add new facilities, and keep it maintainable. You don't have to look very far to find software that has continued to have bits bolted on to it such that it is now virtually impossible to find how to set a particular option. It's much too hard to make Cumulus 1 multi-language now, for example, so...

2. So I can more easily support other languages.

3. In my opinion, Delphi has fallen some way behind Visual Studio/C#/WPF; it's now much more of a pleasure to program using the latter. And Microsoft have given me a free MSDN subscription, so I have access to all of the latest development tools. :)

4. Cumulus only exists and continues to be developed while I enjoy doing it. Yes, I am very grateful for the donations that I receive, but they are certainly not my main motivation. So, basically, I get to choose how I write it.

5. I wanted to learn some new skills.

I don't expect everyone to like or use Cumulus 2. Cumulus 1 will continue to be supported, and bugs fixed, and maybe even eventually some more small enhancements. So, if you want to continue using Cumulus 1, please do. But my focus is now firmly on Cumulus 2.
Steve
risiss

Post by risiss »

hi steve and thanks for the reply...

a thing that i would like in V2 is to replace the 3 small greyish dials on the main screen under the gauge tab by the blue ones under the view,gauge tab.

I think it would add some color on the mainscreen,cause the mainscreen is all in balck/grey tones

i know that you will enhance V2 and im looking forward to it like everybody and i fully understand the will for learning and trying new things in the developpement of V2.like ive mention earlier,programming for me is like someone who is learning swimming while afraid of the water :mrgreen:

have a nice halloween everyone...tonight ill be patrolling in the streets with the firetruck and instead of shooting water ill shoot candys hahahah