Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

PWS catch up

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Ned
Weather Station: WS2083 (aspirated)
Operating System: Win 10

PWS catch up

Post by Ned »

I've stopped uploading my data to Wunderground since they made a mess of Wundermaps and haven't done anything about fixing various issues. Now I'm uploading to PWS, but have no success in sending catch up data when restarting Cumulus after my PC has been off. The catch up light on Cumulus turns green when active but no missing data appears on the PWS website. This feature worked with Wunderground, so maybe it's a PWS problem.
Can anyone here confirm success or not from their experience? I thought I'd raise it here before posting to PWS.
Cheers
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: PWS catch up

Post by steve »

I believe that PWS don't currently accept backdated uploads.
Steve
Ned
Weather Station: WS2083 (aspirated)

Post by Ned »

That's a shame, but thanks Steve
Kipuka
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus

Post by Kipuka »

Does Wunderground accept back-dated data? I turned on my pc this morning and expected to see the catch up light go on as it uploaded last night's data but nothing happened. in fact, i did not see any data from the data logger refill Cumulus on my computer. how can i check that i have set things up properly as i assume it is me that's the issue here -- i only set up Cumulus yesterday for the first time and i am bound to have got things wrong...I'm really hoping to fill in the gaps from the day before once i manage to download the log files from weatherlink the software -- had over six inches of rain the night before last...

Mark
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Yes, Cumulus should update WU retrospectively using logger data, as long as you have selected 'catch up' and it did actually download the logger data. If you zip up the diags folder and attach it, I'll take a look to see what's going on.
Steve
VTHokie74
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Rasbian

Post by VTHokie74 »

One thing I figured out after a recent power failure is that the default setting on the Davis VP2 logger is 30 minutes. I had never bothered to change it in Weather Link. Now it is set to five minutes to match Cumulus. I know, it's covered in the installation post. I just forgot to go back and set it.
Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2/CumulusMX/Raspberry Pi 3
Kipuka

Post by Kipuka »

mfrostdiags.zip
there it is...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Your station says that there are no archive entries available to download. Do you have the station logger interval set to the same as the Cumulus logger interval? Cumulus uses its own logger interval to determine the timestamp to use to ask for recent archive entries. Davis loggers don't like being asked for data since a particular date and time if that date and time doesn't correspond exactly with the timestamp of an archive entry. What they often do in that situation is to send the entire contents of the logger; this is not a disaster and Cumulus copes, it just takes a long time to download everything.

Sometimes, however - and I've seen this with the Vue quite often, rather than the VP2 - they just don't send anything in this situation. So perhaps that's what's happening in your case. Or perhaps your logger really isn't actually logging anything.
Steve
Kipuka

Post by Kipuka »

sounds like i need to find a way to get weather link software installed on this machine... not easy as i dont possess a working cd rom drive. must figure out a way to sort this so i cam set things right. can you recommend steps to take assuming i get a drive and successfully install weather link software?
m
ICP963
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian

Post by ICP963 »

Kipuka wrote:sounds like i need to find a way to get weather link software installed on this machine... not easy as i dont possess a working cd rom drive. must figure out a way to sort this so i cam set things right. can you recommend steps to take assuming i get a drive and successfully install weather link software?
m
If you are on a Windows machine, there are several programs that will mount an ISO image of a CD and allow it to run like is was an actual CD. I think WeatherLink can be downloaded as a fill ISO image. You might try that.
Roy Schahrer - N7QYK
Chandler, AZ
WX Station : Davis Vantage Vue with USB Datalogger
WX Computer: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B running Raspbian
Software : CumulusMX Beta 3041
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

Kipuka wrote:sounds like i need to find a way to get weather link software installed on this machine... not easy as i dont possess a working cd rom drive. must figure out a way to sort this so i cam set things right. can you recommend steps to take assuming i get a drive and successfully install weather link software?
m
Just download the same version as your CD. My new setup doesn't have a CD ROM either, so that's exactly what I did. I've also copied the software to a USB drive, just in case.
Kipuka

Post by Kipuka »

OK, found a copy of WL 603 online and installed it and downloaded all the data from my vp2plus wl ip logger. i then used the wl-cum convcerter and copied the results into the cumulus data folder. now i can see the historic data except where the power was lost and the iss/console failed to log even when the internal batteries were fully charged. sadly, lost the peak of that storm. neighbour stations got something like 6 inches of rain in three hours... i got nothing. ugh.

I just noticed that, when checking to see if i could access the older data from within Cumulus that i am no longer seeing many of the sensors in my davis leaf/soil array. until moments ago i could see the two leaf wetness sensors. now i see only one.

oh, and i updated the vp2 to have its log rate of once per minute as per cumulus. i hope i did things in a sensible and proper sequence. is there anything else i should do?
Kipuka

Post by Kipuka »

Oh, the WU id is KHIPHOA
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Wunderground frequently has problems, they seem to have a new one every week. You can check what Cumulus is sending if you turn on debug logging and look at debug.log - but only if you aren't using rapid fire.

Having set the logging intervals the same, is Cumulus now getting archive data successfully?
Steve
Kipuka

Post by Kipuka »

Yes it seems to have the wlk converted data ok. but i notice that when the computer running cumulus is off or asleep, there is no data in Cumulus when i awaken the computer.and the catch up light never goes on. i now have the interval matching on the vp2 log and the cumulus log. so they are set up as per your instructions. but it is disturbing that cumulus has yest to be able to reconstruct what happens whenever it is not running... is this what 'catch up' is meant to do? if so, it's not doing it here. you can see what i mean if you look at my wunderground page as it is now fed by cumulus. so you can see last night when the cumulus machine went to sleep, nop data was received and this has not been caught up now that cumulus is up and running again.