Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Data Summary

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
bumpy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Data Summary

Post by bumpy »

Hello
I am having problems getting data to appear on my Data Summary page. Until Windows 10 arrived the page appeared on my website and updated daily without problem. From the date that Windows 10 'helpfully' decided to update load itself - I had avoided for some months accepting the update! - the Data Summary refused to update. In the intervening weeks I have tried to resolve the problem but without success. In a final attempt to put matters right I deleted the old Data Summary files and reinstalled them from the link in the WIKI. I also removed the relevant Data Summary files from the server and then reinstalled them. I have now managed to get the Data Summary template back on my website but despite many hours I still cannot get the dayfile data to fill the template. Currently the server has these files:-
datasummary.css
datasummary.php
datasummary.html
readDayfile.php
dayfile.txt.
The dayfile txt file is OK and has again this morning, as it should, updated yesterday's data at 9am.
The only thing I can think of is that the readDayfile.php file is not 'pointing' to the correct place. Currently at line 15 it reads $dayfile='C:/Cumulus/data/dayfile.txt';
Obviously I'm missing something!
I would be very grateful for some advice please.
Many thanks.
duke

Re: Data Summary

Post by duke »

That is certainly not correct, that is pointing to your 'C' drive, it should be an address on your web site.

As always, a link to your site would help.
bumpy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Data Summary

Post by bumpy »

Thank you for your response. I don't know why I didn't realise my mistake - just one of those increasing senior moments I suppose ( that's my excuse anyway!). I amended the file and I now have the Data Summary page working again.
Again my thanks.
Bumpy

http://www.farleighmeadows.co.uk