Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release 3.6.12 (build 3088) - 10 July 2020 (please see important announcement regarding releases since 3.5.0)
Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of the NOAA report and Snow Index drop-down menus to 2030)

Use this link to Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items). Software

Enter trace for rainfall

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Red Raspberry
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Enter trace for rainfall

Post by Red Raspberry »

I'm part of the CoCoRHaS rainfall network. When entering my daily report they have a way to enter trace amounts of rain or snow, using T. It would be nice to be able to enter this too in Cumulus .

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2+ w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Re: Enter trace for rainfall

Post by PaulMy »

I use the "Current" field to get the previous 24 hours snowfall on my Cumulus template page, including 'Trace', and the "Weather Diary" for the snow "Lying, Depth and Falling" - if there is a trace of snow I leave the "Lying" and "Depth" un-ticked, and tick "Falling". However, I don't do anything manual in Cumulus for rain. I do keep a manual log of the CoCoRaHS daily precipitation reported and what the Davis/Cumulus shows.

Paul

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Enter trace for rainfall

Post by steve »

Cumulus isn't intended for manual observations, it's for reading and displaying data from an automatic weather station. I did add the manual entry of snow as an exception, because at the time I lived somewhere with significant snowfall, and occasionally I allow myself the luxury of adding something to Cumulus which I find useful myself.

As Paul says, there are fields for entering text manually, such as the current conditions field, and the 'diary'.
Steve