Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Trends >> tempm graph

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
wa7hyd
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro

Trends >> tempm graph

Post by wa7hyd »

It appears that the "tempm" graphs left hand legend is in millibars rather than degrees.
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Re: Trends >> tempm graph

Post by gemini06720 »

Indeed.

It appears that the values for the left hand legend are wrong - I just compared the graphic with the weather data collected by my 'other' weather software (that has been running non-stop for the past 5 years) and none of the maximum temperatures match those displayed on the graphic image...
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

wa7hyd wrote:It appears that the "tempm" graphs left hand legend is in millibars rather than degrees.
No, definitely in degrees. You probably have a 'default' entry in dayfile.txt which is throwing the whole thing out, possibly from the first day you ran Cumulus (but they can unfortunately occasionally occur for other reasons). Have a look in dayfile.txt and see if you can see it; it should be obvious as it will have ridiculous figures in it for min and max temperature (999 and -500, if I remember correctly).

If the above doesn't account for the problem, then a picture paints a thousand words, as they say - could you upload a screenshot of your graph (or supply a link if it's on the web somewhere). And attach your dayfile.txt, please.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

gemini06720 wrote:It appears that the values for the left hand legend are wrong - I just compared the graphic with the weather data collected by my 'other' weather software (that has been running non-stop for the past 5 years) and none of the maximum temperatures match those displayed on the graphic image...
The min/max/avg temperature graph is drawn directly from the figures in dayfile.txt, so if your graph is wrong then there is something fundamentally wrong there. I suppose the first thing to do would be to confirm that the figures on the graph match those in the dayfile, and if they do, then we need to see why your figures don't match your 'other' software. If you have Cumulus running 24/7, they should match exactly, otherwise there may be small discrepancies (Cumulus 1 only uses the 'current' temp from the VP archive records, and not the highest and lowest over the archive period).
Steve
wa7hyd
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro

Post by wa7hyd »

Four the error entries, about six days worth, averaged corrections to fill in the bad time and it works fine now.

Thanks to all who pitched in with comments and solutions.

I also changed the Trendst file to display all large charts, better for viewing and printing when needed, which I'll have to monitor closely when updates are issued.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

wa7hyd wrote:Four the error entries, about six days worth, averaged corrections to fill in the bad time and it works fine now.
If it happens again, could you please send me the contents of the diags folder, so I can see why it's happening?
Steve